Author Topic: Passionate or overdoing it??  (Read 62368 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: Passionate or overdoing it??
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2012, 11:12:42 PM »
I just saw a commercial for a show on TLC called "My Crazy Obsession". I think you know where I'm going with this...
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2012, 11:21:12 PM »
Do to a money cruch I didn't come in 2011. Not sure for this year, my kids have gotten season passes and say they will let me be their "bring a freind".  My wife wanted to kill me because I acted like I was having withdrawals all year long and spent a lot of time on this web site and watching SDC videos on Youtube. Its really bad when you site and watch webcams of Branson for hours, particuarly when the streets are empty.
You do that too? :D
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2012, 07:43:35 AM »
i check the webcams 2 or 3 day a week also,..  I laugh atbthem this time of year. you turn on a cam and watch for 3 or 4 minutes and NEVER see a car..  funny!!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2012, 11:04:42 AM »
Tiffany, you never fail to crack me up!  We have to get you a job there girl!

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 03, 2012, 02:52:01 PM »
Well my family got tired of me mopping around and have bought season passes and are bring me to the City for my Birthday in over opening weekend. Hay it works to play on their feeling too.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 03, 2012, 03:02:16 PM »
21 days to go: Set up tent in house and pretended I was camping in The Wilderness

15 days to go: YouTube marathon of best SDC videos

12 days to go: Visited my SDC season passes and a dreamt of opening weekend

9 days to go: Made camping list of items needed for trip

4 days to go: Went shopping for said supplies

2 days to go: Visited passes again in anticipation

1 day to go: Made ititerary of the trip (again)

Day to go: Sit in class and watch clock and jiggle waiting for noon. It takes forever.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »
What a great way to spend a birthday oldsdcer! And Trams you just truly are obsessed. :P

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 10, 2012, 05:44:16 PM »
ABSOLUTELY!!!  Somebody call the medics! Trams needs assistance.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 10, 2012, 08:41:02 PM »
ABSOLUTELY!!!  Somebody call the medics! Trams needs assistance.

Yep, she needs help.  I hope her trip is the fix she needs.  I'm thinking it may take more than one trip to cure what ails her. ;D

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2012, 02:11:44 AM »
I just got back from Missouri Youth Convention in Overland Park, KS. We pulled up to the hotel and they had just repaved the parking lot, so that kicked off my 'homesick for SDC' feeling.
The theme was "Vintage" so there was a bunch of stuff in the lobby of the convention center and in the room where the services were held that looked like they came straight from Cracker Barrel's wall, so there was another thing!
Point #3 for SDC: Wednesday night was the first service and they kicked it off with an older preacher singing a medley of good ol' Southern Gospel tunes to go with the vintage theme. My cousin is a youth pastor for his church, and during the medley, I glanced over and he was one of the few people singing along to every word by heart. One of the few people included me. My friend who was standing next to me kept staring at me and trying to sing along, but you could tell she probably hadn't heard any of the songs a single time in her whole life (deprived child). She was giving me weird looks, and all I said was "I was raised on this music!!!" I think there was a little bit of Tutterrow Telepathy because I looked over at my cousin and he smiled right at me, probably because it was our Grandma who would always have get togethers and bluegrass (Grandpa's favorite) & Southern Gospel  singing (Grandma's favorite) on the back porch was always the main event (besides dinner). And it just so happens that Southern Gospel Picnic is one of my favorite festivals!
Before each of the services, they had announcements on the big screen, and of course, there was an announcement for Praise in the Park which so happens to be at Silver Dollar City, Oct. 19 & 20!
And I also didn't realize that every single shirt I packed to sleep in had SDC or Branson on it until after I got there and was digging through my suitcase looking for something.

So even 200+ miles away, SDC never leaves me!!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:13:50 AM by tiffanylynnt »

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2012, 02:20:08 AM »
And also, on the way back home, I noticed a store called Branson Tractors :)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2012, 12:12:55 AM »
Looks like I'm the only one posting on this one lately, but today was a "first date" and our conversation turned to SDC and Branson at least 4 different times. He's only driven through Branson on his way to Arkansas and he has never been to SDC, but now I have him really excited for Praise in the Park, but we have to wait until Oct. unless he can get a day off work during the summer time ;)

Ozark Woodcarver

• McCoy
  • Demonstrating Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Artists Page
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2012, 03:38:49 PM »
I don't think you're overdoing it at all. I usually drive my wife nuts with how much I enjoy it, but she puts up with it because she knows I live it.

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
am i passionate or overdoing it when it comes to the saloon show. I want to see all 5 shows in a day and I've figured out how to do it. buy 3 show lovers passes. be first in line for the 10:30 show, use a show lovers passes for the 11:30 and 12:30 shows, be first in line for the 2:30 show and use my last show lovers pass for the 3:30 show.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2012, 11:21:34 AM »
am i passionate or overdoing it when it comes to the saloon show. I want to see all 5 shows in a day and I've figured out how to do it. buy 3 show lovers passes. be first in line for the 10:30 show, use a show lovers passes for the 11:30 and 12:30 shows, be first in line for the 2:30 show and use my last show lovers pass for the 3:30 show.

You're starting to sound like me! lol