Author Topic: Passionate or overdoing it??  (Read 62429 times)

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
Re: Passionate or overdoing it??
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2011, 10:49:24 PM »
Yesterday, I looked up the train robbery show on youtube and wrote down, basically, the script and I found myself reading it three different times today!

I was watching an old home video from SDC 1999, and most of the jokes from the train robbery are still the same. They are still as funny as they ever were even though I've been hearing them several times a year for 12 years!
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2011, 11:36:57 PM »
Tiffany, it's official. You are not passionate, you are obsessed!

But, aren't we all?  ;D

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2011, 02:47:16 PM »
discussed with my dad and step mom in depth that should in the event of my death, the appropriate places to spread my ashes amongst the great city!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2011, 05:34:25 PM »
You mean you don’t want to be placed “Ma” style under a clump of rocks along a train track?

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2011, 09:42:48 AM »
no....we did wonder how much it would be to have a plot in the firemans graveyard! lol

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2011, 01:18:01 PM »
Hm, I wonder what your headstone would read? :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2011, 11:52:21 AM »
you guys are hilarious

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2011, 12:23:34 PM »
Great article on the spreading of ashes and WDW (Disney World).

http://www.intenseexperiences.com/cremation-ashes.html

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »
At one point this past Saturday, I was sitting outside the photographer's shop at the bottom of Cardiac Hill waiting for my wife.

As I looked up the hill, I was struck again by the fact that I could barely see the top of the hill--and nothing past it--because of the trees and other greenery.  I marvelled at the policies that have allowed the City to coexist with the Ozark landscape to such a degree.  While I've been in greener attractions, none has the same mix of atmosphere, industry, enjoyment, and the Ozarks.

On the square later, I took the time to look at the plants and trees with a fresh eye.  The colors, the variety, the exuberance of the growth all meld into joy for the eye and rest for the soul.

What's NOT to get passionate about?

pintrader

« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2011, 12:46:11 PM »
I guess if it's someone you know or close to you it's uplifting and meaningful.  If it's someone you don't know and are not close to, it could be thought of as nasty or morbid  :).

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2011, 06:41:50 PM »
^ Very true, perspective is everything.

tiffanylynnt

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook. Add me as a friend, just let me know you're from SDCFans!
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2011, 12:04:11 PM »
I feel like this website is sorta like a support group.

The other day, my grandma was lecturing me on wasting gas money by going to Branson all the time (everytime I see her, there is always something I do she doesn't like). Any time before I joined this website, I would have gotten mad at her and try to explain my way out of it. Now, anytime she brings up that she should be the one running my life and SDC is mentioned, I just nod and let it go because I know I'm not the only one who feels like I do!

I love my grandma, but she's crazy. She's one of those people who, let's just say, I don't know where she gets her facts, because when something is mentioned that she doesn't like, she won't let the other person finish before drowning them out with her disapproving opinions on the subject.
I was at her house killing time yesterday before I went to a school play. We were watching a western because my step-grandpa is more obsessed with them than I am. She didn't like the movie cuz of all the shooting and Indians attacking and basic western movie stuff. She was complaining so much, he didn't even say anything, he just got up and left the room lol

Grandma then turned on the news and something about StL Cards came on. I was trying to hear about Tony and Albert, then grandma went on "I'll be so glad when this Cardinal crap is over, blah blah blah." and completely drowning out the tv. I gave up and figured I'll google everything I want to know later.

I love her, but she's crazy!!

But the point of my story is, before this website, everytime somebody brought negativity towards SDC to me, I let it get to me, but now I know other people understand why SDC is special, so I let it go instead of trying to defend myself.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:12:27 PM by tiffanylynnt »
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 04, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »
Well said, Tiffanylynnt!  I used to ask my wife "Do I obsess about SDC?"  (Her answer was "Yes, sometimes"). I also take relief from all the other fanatics who found this site.  If you're going to have an addiction have a healthy one!  I'm also addicted to westerns.  I thank SDC for that as well.  :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 04, 2011, 04:47:11 PM »
tiffanylynn-I can think of two people off the top of my head who are negitve like that. They are walking fallacies....My inlaws.....its rather special.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2011, 05:38:15 PM »
now see trams, i have the same problem with my mother in law... When we go to the city she gets all irrate and stuff......  just plum out of control..........
of course that is when she cant go with us!!!  She loves it there too!!!! 

LOL