Author Topic: What job would you take?  (Read 14142 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: What job would you take?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »
Umm..Junior, I know you have worked there, but you need to let us know where you would work in case we see a job posting!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 04:17:02 PM »
Hmmm...I never had the chance to be a robber/conductor at the train, and I'd lilke to try that. If I could make up my own job description, I'd probably like to work as a character on greeting lines on the town square side of the Hospitality House (maybe bring back "Junior" as a middle aged guy?) and do some ad-libbed street entertainment around the square or mid town area, perhaps around the Riverfront again. I also really like what the park has done with the Homestead Ridge thing, with characters performing there, and the living history stuff. If I could have an office in the HH, I'd write some descriptive brochures or booklets about the historical structures on the park and a brief history of the park and the White River region, and have them printed up and sold in the HH, General Store, and Ozark Marketplace. After seeing the Saloon show on my last visit, that would be fun, too...being a part of that group. (I worked with many people who also performed at the Saloon, but did not work there myself.) Plus, there are the shows. As a former radio broadcaster, I could put my announcing and performing skills to work in one of the big production shows they have, it would be fun. I would not mind being an area manager with the attractions, helping supervise the folks working at different rides, as long as I could put on a costume and be a character...ya know, a "citizen" again! :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 04:18:32 PM »
Creative Consultant!  ;D
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 06:51:23 PM »
I'd want to be the manager of an all new building located just off from the homestead--the SDC History Museum! It'd be great to be able to chat with passionate SDCFans about the good ole days! Even though all I've seen of them are the wonderful pictures.

But otherwise, I'd want to be part of SDC's creative team. I'd love to have a hand in fixing up the Plunge and other things around the park I remember so well from my childhood that need a facelift.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 06:52:11 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »
I could be the park's dedicated Civil Engineer.  ;)

I'd love to have a hand in designing some custom rides for the park, custom coasters even. I realize there are numerous advantages to buying rides from manufacturers, but I feel like the park could really make a name for itself it they reverted back to the days when they built their own top attractions such as the Flooded Mine, FITH, Waterboggin, etc...

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
STREET PERFORMER!!!! I would have to have an outlandish role most definatly. Besides physical therapy, theater is my 2nd love!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

mudhead

• Always ready for a spin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
Easy one for me, Corporate Architect...
Since I am already registered and all that business.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:38:46 PM by mudhead »
Going through life one ride at a time.
Going to SDC since 1972, and loving every trip.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 01:30:36 PM »
Sheriff and bring back the gun fights and robberies they use to do

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »
Street performer, Computer tech (I actually applied when they had an opening last summer) street sweeper, musician, whatever I wouldn't care.

scarecrow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »
prop and animatronic designer and builder!

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 11:51:14 AM »
Resident veterinarian for the animals at the petting zoo!

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »
Gosh darn. I missed my 200th post.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 04:36:27 PM »
Congratulations!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 03:56:10 PM »
I agree with Rube- I'd love to work in theming the rides and different attractions, festivals, shows, etc.  Not that they don't do a great job of this right now. At least, for the most part... :)
I'm Your Huckleberry

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 02:17:02 AM »
I would like to take over their sand art concession that they have, since that is what I do at crafts festival on the side, but I would like to be able to take the time and demonstrate that you can actually make picture with the sand in a bottle. this probable would not happen  not happen  because the company would just want to sell the bottle and  let the kiinds put sand in them as fast as the can and move on. Got to turn that profit.
SDC has always made a great past to remember