Author Topic: Easter  (Read 2942 times)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
Easter
« on: April 11, 2011, 07:01:15 PM »
I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed in not seeing more emphasis on this Holiday, which is second only to Christmas for most Christians. In fact, there's only a brief mention of an egg hunt and a bunny on their website, most of it is focused on World Fest. We went on Easter weekend last year, and I didn't see that much was made of it. I don't expect a big to do like Christmas, but I would think a little more effort could be made to recognize this important day. Am I off base here? Or is something done that I just missed? Has it always been this way? World Fest seems to dominate all the attention this time of year.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 07:15:14 PM »
Larson,  they are closed sunday.  Not sure what you expect them to emphasize? ???

I dont mean to sound rude or uncaring.

Easter sunday is an important day, but it is not really a "season".  SDC is closed so family can spend the day together.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 07:27:43 PM »
I know, I guess I'm just expecting too much. I realize it's not a season but they do have an egg hunt and the Easter bunny roaming the grounds on Saturday. Maybe a resurrection reenactment at Red Gold like they do for Christmas? Or maybe just closing for the day to let the employees celebrate with their families is honoring the day enough. 
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »
I feel like they do enough, but they could always do more. Maybe a special Saturday evening church service in the Wilderness Church, or if they wanted it to be big, move it to Echo Hollow. I feel like this would be a neat thing they could do. However, I do feel they do enough with the egg hunt and Easter bunny.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 09:08:50 PM »

When the Hershing boys pass I bet they will blow those gates open on Easter.
I respect that they close, they are doing for their employees.
 I think that's enough, how many other large businesses will close that day?

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:29:10 AM »
Jack Herschend told me (at a book signing) that Joel Manby was a committed Christian so hopefully he will keep the park running in-line with their values.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »
Jack Herschend told me (at a book signing) that Joel Manby was a committed Christian so hopefully he will keep the park running in-line with their values.

I rememeber you saying that in another thread. Hopefully it's not just Manby, but the entire upper management team. CEO's come and go.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
I dont think that will be a concern for a long time... Anybody "in charge" of the organization will "honor" the herschand family values/moral for years to come.

the park may get some changes that we dont all agree with, but that is progress.