Author Topic: Long time lurker needing help with a school project  (Read 3251 times)

Double Kay

• View Profile
Long time lurker needing help with a school project
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:08:32 PM »
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking on these forums for a long time, but finally have a reason to post.  Tomorrow, I'm heading to the city for the opening of World's Fest.  I'm a graphic design student and for my final project in one of my classes, I am doing an 8 page magazine spread on Silver Dollar City that is geared more towards theme park enthusiasts than families.

Now, I've been going to Silver Dollar City, literally, since I was a baby, but I'm having some problems coming up with enough material to fill 8 pages.

Mostly, what I am trying to figure out is I have to do a product page with between 5 and 10 items.  I was thinking of doing a food countdown of the Top 5 places to eat. . . Trouble is, I can't say I've tried five restaurants in the park anytime recently. :( My group is full of creatures of habit and we tend to eat at the same two places every time.

So, tomorrow I plan on sampling some food outside of my usual places and the World Fest food (my favorite part of the festival!)

Could anyone recommend some other restaurants that are worthy of a countdown besides the buffets and Riverside Ribs?  I'll be checking out what I can tomorrow, but I'd love some insight from other visitors.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Long time lurker needing help with a school project
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:12:26 PM »
I'm not a fan of the Philly sandwiches.  They were flavorless every time I tried them, but maybe they have improved them.

At the Lumberjack place, there is a skillet stand (behind the new chip stand), and I noticed they have a skillet sandwich that looks awesome.  I'd be interested in hearing your opinion.  I have had the bowl there, but not this new sandwich.

Of course, the best skillet is the Family Feud, up the hill from the Calico Potatoes.

I don't know what you are counting as a restaurant.  You'll have to include these types of places if you want a top five.  Then, of course, there will be the international foods...
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Double Kay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 07:15:46 PM »
Thanks! :)

Anything that serves food that could be considered a meal.  Doesn't have to be a sit down place, just as long as it's tasty.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 10:35:29 PM »

Kettle Corn, Funnel Cakes and Big Jack Sandwiches,

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:03:53 PM »
Exotic jerkies are always good! The succotash is good. Now there are the spiral potatos as well as the potato chip stands. The mill buffet us good, as is the mine. Ribs are always a great choice. I have never eaten @ the wagonworks but it always looks good!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 10:55:12 AM »
Rube and Jr are a wealth of information!! Its amaznig what they drudge up. I have to say on the food note-I enjoy the turkey leg and buckshot corn. But corn drenched in butter is always grand!!!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:34:50 AM »
the hot philly is great,  they serve those down by the waterfront now.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 02:43:33 PM »
The Big Jack Sandwich used to be a favorite. The Springhouse specializes in Italian style cooking. The skillets around the park are always good. Don't forget a funnel cake and a stop in the taffy shop.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 06:04:26 PM »
The grilled chicken & avocado wrap at the Wagon Works Grill is AWESOME.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
just a reminder that Big Jacks is strictly a cold sandwhich shop now, they pulled the grills out of there, there fore NO hot food there!

. I was more than a little disappointed when i walked in there last month.! but the cold sandwich was fresh and tatsed fine.

They used to make a mean Philly there! Now that is served on the waterfront,

cocodane3

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 04:30:39 PM »
Sullivan's Mill Cinnamon bread