Author Topic: Crane Mo.  (Read 3000 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Crane Mo.
« on: March 29, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »
I do not know if you all have ever been to Crane Mo.   But if you like to shop for antiques then you need to make a run over sometime while you are in Branson.  Crane has 7 very nice Antique stores.  If you would like some info on Crane here is their website.  http://www.cranemo.com/ and check out their yearly Broiler Festival.  http://cranebroilerfestival.org/
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Crane Mo.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 05:02:50 PM »
Crane is home to many SDC citizens. It is a typical small town in the Ozarks, located west and north of SDC. Broiler Festival is the big event each year. To my memory,not much else going on there. Don't think they have a Wal-Mart. Nearest one might be Branson West. Check it out, if you have some extra time.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 10:41:36 PM »
You are right.  The closest Walmart is Branson West.  I'm not sure that they have a grocery store either.  The one that used to be on the outskirts of town closed a long time ago.  I love Crane.  We always stop at the park there.  They have those old dangerous toys that you aren't supposed to play with anymore ;) ;).  My dad always brings his fishing rods and/or fly fishing gear to fish in the stream.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 12:34:11 AM »
Crane?  Okla is that where your "new" cabin is located?

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 11:37:00 PM »
They have a very nice store.  The also have a dollar general, subway, pizza place, 2 cafes, a bbq joint, 3 gas stations, 2 car washes, many many antique stores, 2 banks, and a chinese restaurant.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 04:12:08 PM »
I hope Crane has been kept up better than old downtown Reeds Spring. My wife and I traveled through there last week and I am sad to say it looks like the downtown area has stood still in time by thirty years. It was run down looking, dead, and sad. I guess all the development is going on elsewhere.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 04:31:53 PM »
They are doing work in Down town Crane.   They are currently putting in all new sidewalks.   It weill look great when they are done.   It is a bit of a mess at this time though.