Author Topic: 2011 Trip Reviews  (Read 159984 times)

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Trip Reviews
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2011, 11:36:07 AM »
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »
I know it's just been a few of you and it's still way early, but I wanted to go ahead and thank all of you who have posted trip reports and pics for the new season. You are our eyes for those of us who cant make it and you're doing a great job!  ;) ;D
Andymeets1880s

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
Great pictures, SDC#1Fan.  I forget to take pictures now that we have our youngest.  I don't know how you do it!   :)  Maybe my DH and I can get in a grown-up trip this spring; then I can make more of an effort.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
great pics #1fan,  Glad u had a good trip, i'm headed back the 23rd for a quickie!

Andy we do what we can to help you out!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2011, 02:18:53 PM »

Hey SDC#1fan
That angle did you take those shots of the float trip from?
There was a kid sitting up above the stream, I havent seen where you can get close to the old ride before.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »
Thanks for the shots of the float trip channel. Sorry to see time has taken it's toll on some of the "rocks" I hate that the public can see the area where the concrete is crumbling. I really expect the maintenance team to address that issue. I pray they will not let that situation go as is for the whole season. I do hope they repair the damaged areas ASAP. I think it's pretty bad to let the guests see that.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 04:31:56 PM »
Glad you all liked my photos! mhguy the channel is really easy to see just go to wildfire and right in front of the barn there is like a 5ft tall rock wall. That wall is the channel just look over it. The old channel even goes under the wildfire walkway. If you open the little gate and walk the wildfire overflow queue line u will see the rest. Some of it does go around out of view and i haven't had the guts to walk out there yet but maybe one day. Junior your right about the rocks it does look bad and to be honest it looks like they have been that way a while but because you can only see them from the overflow line (which is hardly ever used) i doubt they will fix it any time soon. Sand dune i try to go everyweekend so just let me know next time you are gonna be there. Id like to know who the people are on here that sill work in the park and where at so i can stop and say hi.

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 04:33:48 PM »
If anyone has anything they want pics of just let me know!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 06:49:54 PM »
We were there on Thursday with the huge crowd.  All the lines were longer than I've seen.  The Happy frogs even had a wait.  FitH was past the cemetery.  Food lines were blocking major pathways.  TNT was backed all the way to the gate.  If this was their idea of "fast and friendly", they missed it by half.  To their credit, trams were filling as fast as they could pull up to the stops.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »
We, too, noticed the tram seats have been changed to bench seats.  On the way to our vehicle, a Kawasaki Mule-type vehicle was coming toward us on a perpendicular path to our right.  It didn't look like it was going to stop, and our tram driver hit the brakes.  You'll be happy to know that the brakes work quite well, but in the process, we were thrown forward.  Most of us caught ourselves with braced feet, but the little in front of us was only caught by her parents.  She nearly went teeth-first into the front rail of the tram.  The driver never looked back, and the announcer never acknowledged that he saw (Of course, he has a seat belt.).  I'm certain, there were others who were thrown forward in similar fashion.  If that girl's parents not caught her, she would have been a bloody mess, and the riders around her would have had to yell to stop the tram.

All that being said, it was not the tram driver's fault - it was the Kawasaki's fault for not yielding until the last second.  Of course, both drivers were driving company vehicles for SDC.

BTW, we inquired about attendance and were told by several, "a lot".  No one wanted to reveal actual numbers to us - as if they had been instructed not to.  They were a little abrupt with us in their tone.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »
HB, i also got the same type of answers when i asked about attendence..  Must of had 4 or 5 people told me "alot". 

But i found one retired lady by the turnstiles, asked her if she would check the puter for numbers,,  she looked at me kinda funny?  I motioned toward the closet next to the turnstyles where there is a puter, at that point she caved in and looked up the numbers for me... I smiled , thanked her politely and went to the car..  It was a little humorus.

had not really thought about it until you mentioned it.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »
Forgot to mention my 7yo daughter's quote to her friend: "You can never get too much Silver Dollar City!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I am glad I didn't choose today to go to SDC.  Its a little cold for a spring visit.  The rides are probably not running.
I am betting they don't have much of a crowd.

You know you can call SDC and they will tell you that currant attendance.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:04:18 PM by mhguy77 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:08 PM »
didn't know that mhguy.  it is something we try to keep an eye on..

I saw a message somewhere that said the only place it was warm today was in the cave!

that would suck, after last weekend was in the 70-80's.....

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2011, 01:33:31 PM »
Thanks to everybody who have provided pictures of your 2011 visits...You're the best...Keep up the great work :)
Colorado SDC Fan