Author Topic: Some pictures  (Read 6808 times)

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
Some pictures
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:06:01 AM »
Hi,
Since I am home for Easter, I had the opportunity to look through some old pictures and I thought I would share some.  This is my first attempt to post pictures.  This is my baby sister and I, around 1985, giving the Gandy Dancer a try. . .

Here I am at around three years old (around 1978) exploring a "cave"

This is the same trip.  My cousin and I get a ride in SDC rental strollers

And this last one is an earlier picture, taken before I was born in the late 1960s or early 1970s

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share.  Happy Easter!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:10:39 AM by StaceySue »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Some pictures
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:56:22 AM »
Wow, there's some truly historic stuff in these photos, thanks!

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »
That last picture is of the Medicine show wagon sitting in the future location of the Valley Theater, now the magic shop, behind which is now the entrance to Thunderation. Behind is Hatfield Ridge Restaurant or whatever its called now. What you can't see is the other twin building attached with a porch between them. It was later detached, moved a ways away and became the Tater Patch. The Medicine wagon then went to midtown next to Candles, to Deepwoods where the Dockside is now, then back to Midtown
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 04:53:37 PM by Old Guy »
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:59:40 PM »
Great photos!!! Thanks for sharing them.

I wish they would bring the Medicine show back, I think they could tie it in with the Magic shop and show???

DocSpeleo

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 09:32:09 AM »
Those were some great cloths! I mean photos!  I have an album from 1976 when my parents left me in Maryland and came to Branson looking for property to purchase.  They spent the day at the City and many rolls of film.  Growing up I cherished that album thinking one day I could live at that place.  So corny sounding now haha
I didn't get to visit the City until 1989.  I loved it!  I went home that evening and played trolley driver on my grandpa's golf cart and had an imaginary lost river near our pond and spill way that kept if from flooding.  Those were the good days.... now it's time to be an adult ahahahaha and I collect PEZ! lol (to keep me feeling young)

sdcforever

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 09:47:14 AM »
In the first picture you can see Shanty Town in the background.  :)  I, unfortunately, started visiting a few years after Shanty Town was taken out.

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/neatocoolville/466185806/in/set-72057594098725355/
A shot from main street. Note the old shot tower where the fire tower sits now, and the pre-plastic trash cans.To the right of the tower is the old sorgum press.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

DocSpeleo

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 03:31:41 PM »
Amazing photos.  I love looking at pictures of the park.  Its funny they still have that same hillbilly hat lol, but now I bet it's made in China!