Author Topic: Just some stuff we have  (Read 33639 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Re: Just some stuff we have
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 07:09:41 PM »
Thanks you guys!

Junior - all it says is Souvenir Picture Album, it has alot of names of the people that are in the pictures. And in 1 pic they are delivering silver dollars to the City.
I'll ask my pa about Slantin' Sams & Hain'ted House to see if he remembers.

Rube - glad ya finally got to see the pics, i know it was prob'ly drivin' ya crazy..

Tin-type pic is metal, it was in Sept of 1987 with my parents.
The ring says OUTLAW, & is made of copper, i can not remember when i got it. But i know i was'a kid cuz it used to be my "CB handle."
Marvel Cave pic from 1976
Marvel Cave pic from 1998

Live life like it's the last day!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2010, 04:18:54 PM »
I'm sure the old booklet you have was sold in the general store and hospitality house, probably way back in the early to mid 1960's. Thanks again for all the photos. And yes, I'd like to know more about the haunted house.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 09:27:17 AM »
very cool map..  hard for me to imagine the park that small......

COOL IDEA!!!! :o :o :o :o    A collectors book that has pictures of maps from every year.. and maybe a couple of pages of pics of mods to buildings/attractions year to year... 

Now that woulkd have been a great 50th them for a book!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 09:33:49 AM »
Been there, tried that. I had a large quantity of pages completed, and was told with all of my objects, and artwork, that the Herschends' have a large quantity of archives and there will be a webpage to share memories. thanks for the interest...needless to say I was a bit frustrated, but I'll get back to it! Hopefully this winter/ spring!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 09:25:59 PM »
Here's my dads story, & i see why we keep going to SDC to this day.
His family would go trout fishing in Branson in 1954 when he was 12, his mother & him would shop around also. In 1959 he went to Rockaway Beach with his buddies to find ladies at a senior dance, he graduated in 1960. He married my mom in 1962 & thats when they went to SDC for their honeymoon & got this picture book. So i guess thats the year it is from.

He dont remember the Haunt'd house, but Slantin' Sams was just a lil' building that made ya feel like it was crooked when it really wasnt. Water flowed backwards, if i am correct, i recall a pool table with a ball that rolled up-hill. Anyone remember that?

I got more pics of SDC if ya'll wanna see'm.... Green trams - 1st ones in the park'n lot - on-ride shots, got'a good one on Wildfire upside down. Just let me know, i'd love to share'm.   

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 09:47:24 PM »
Post all those photos! I wanna see anything ya got along those lines! :)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 05:40:15 AM »
Ok. Give me afew days & i'll get'm all set-up. As for now, here's us on Wildfire head'n up the first hill, taken with a cheapy throw away camera with 800 speed film. I used to sneak'm on the ride.. And, 1 of my girl & i with my paremts in line for Powderkeg, this is one of my favorite pics of my parents.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »
Rube, don't shelve that project. I hope you are able to get it printed and released. I want a copy!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »
Not shelved! With my arm in a cast...it leaves me more time to work on that over the Holiday break!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 12:00:33 PM »
Here we are somewhere in the park. We wear these hats when we wanna look like rookie SDC'rs. :D

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 12:21:51 PM »
Thunderation coming out'a the tunnel

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 04:49:28 PM »
I really enjoy seeing these vacation photos from SDC. I like looking at how the park has changed over the years. Funny to see how fashions have changed, too!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2010, 07:50:55 AM »
Thanks Junior, here's more.. Some'a the pics were over 400 KB, i'll try some other stuff.

The 1 pic is Wildfire ofcourse, & DID NOT alter it in any way, it was taken when we were upside down. Look at the front'a the coaster & the harness's. I just got lucky.

The other is at the top of the hill of either Wildfire or Powderkeg. Beautiful.... :)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2010, 12:01:55 PM »
more..

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 09:26:19 PM »
more.. the pic with Catfish was taken before the park open'd, it was the time we saw him on his moped.. i dont have my perscription glass's on cuz i had a horrifying crash on the go-carts the night before & the got destroyed.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 09:29:39 PM by How-doFolks »