Author Topic: SDC's 2012 Project  (Read 113108 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2012 Project
« Reply #270 on: March 20, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »

How about $100 bucks a day for admission, the trailblazers pass, 1 meal a snack and a refillable mug........
That might be a little more like it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #271 on: March 20, 2012, 10:19:14 PM »
Shoot, I avoid SDC when Kidsfest hits due to tourists and their terrible attitudes. Really gets old how they think theyre special and deserve special treatment over other guests. I always love when Fall Festival hits and we AP holders finally come back.
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 21, 2012, 08:32:43 AM »
Thanks for sharing the photo's Swoosh! I really like seeing all those finishing touches SDC does during the off-season. The new sign for Echo Hollow is great, and I also really like the new building for the Tator Twist. I hate seeing those Icee stands pop up, but it does look like they are trying to conceal them as best as they can with theme appropriate architecture.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 21, 2012, 08:37:34 AM »
Shoot, I avoid SDC when Kidsfest hits due to tourists and their terrible attitudes.

I admit guilt here myself.  I enjoy all the festivals but try to avoid Kids fest, seems to be the least pleasant time to visit the city.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 21, 2012, 09:23:13 AM »
One: I still wouldnt shell out money for a fast pass even if a snack and drink were offered. I hate the idea that you pay an insane amount of money (equal to a one nights stay at the Homestay) for ONE DAY of cutting the line. Maybe if it were for the whole season. MAYBE. I hope they dont make any cash on this deal and get rid of it completly. Even the 25$ for 8 cut the lines is silly.

Two: As wretched as kidsfest is, and as hot and sticky as the weather gets, I still go. Its fun for kids. They have alot of different offerings for them and that is where alot of my memories lie. We always went during kidsfest. I hate the crowds and the rude kids that run in the line queue and butt ahead and the parents dont say a word meanwhile my FIVE year old is standing nicely and not climbing on the fence like a monkey.......sorry got off track a minute. Bluegrass and BBQ and the Fall Festival are my absolute FAVES!! The best festivals that they offfer.

The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 21, 2012, 05:34:51 PM »
 Worldfest is my favorite with Fall Fest being a close second.

The only time I've paid to cut is at WoF's Halloween Haunt and at Universal Studios Florida due to time constraints.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 22, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »
WorldFest, Fall Fest, and Christmas are the main times that I like to go to SDC. Sundays in April are a really great time to go--not a large crowd usually.

As for the "Fastpass"... I don't have much of an opinion either way. I can't imagine too many people deciding to spend that much money. This is why I like Disney's Fastpass program. It's totally free and available to everyone. But SDC isn't big enough for that. I do think the show pass at SDC is a better idea than a ride pass.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 22, 2012, 02:02:52 PM »
Trailblazer pass is an easy way for SDC to make an extra buck. Obviously it's working for them. We'll NEVER pay for it but if others pay for it, hey, it supports SDC even more. I'd rather them keep having the Trailblazer and Show passes than raise ticket prices for every guest. If they're struggling for money, then I think this is an okay way to do it.

I also love Disney's Fastpass system. Works great, but you're right, SDC isn't near big enough for it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:03:37 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 22, 2012, 05:01:20 PM »
You won't love Disney when you find out about xpass or whatever they end up calling it. Also fastpass is not as cheerful as you are making it out to be.  It is easily explored if you know how.
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 23, 2012, 07:31:54 PM »
Yeah, I've heard about XPass. They keep trying to make people's trips more and more structured; I don't like the loss of spontaneity. I mean, granted, my friend and I used the Touring Plans to help guide us for our trips last year and this year, but we were there on off-season, so beyond using the crowd calendars to decide which park to go to on which day, we didn't even end up using the tour plans. I imagine XPass might be useful for on-season trips, though... I've been to Disney during its busy times, and boy, it's hard to get anything done with those crowds. But personally, having been to Disney World twice in two years, both in January... I'm never going any other month ever. LOL

I can understand the need for a pass-like system for people who maybe have only one or two days to spend at a park. I've personally just avoided the busy times at the parks I go to, and so I don't mind waiting upwards of 30-45min to ride a ride.

cousin bubba

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 26, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
I was at Silver Dollar City the 23rd and trailblazer almost caused a riot on both the powder keg and thunderation. It wasn't because people paid to go to the head of the line, it was because if 6 people using trailblazer got on they left the other seats empty. At thunderation, a worker got on the mike to explain what had happened and was drowned out with cries of "fill the cars!).

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 26, 2012, 09:43:13 AM »
The Trailblazer IS NOT a VIP private ride. Those seats should have been filled by protocol. Only the seats in which the riders chose would be held for the next train.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 26, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
I was at Silver Dollar City the 23rd and trailblazer almost caused a riot on both the powder keg and thunderation. It wasn't because people paid to go to the head of the line, it was because if 6 people using trailblazer got on they left the other seats empty. At thunderation, a worker got on the mike to explain what had happened and was drowned out with cries of "fill the cars!).

Yikes!  I agree they should fill the cars.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #283 on: March 26, 2012, 12:50:01 PM »

And so it begins.

I've seen them do this at Alton Towers and Six Flags where every other train pretty much becomes fast-pass only and the normal waits just crawl along for hours. Hence why I avoid these parks.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 26, 2012, 02:47:02 PM »
it was because if 6 people using trailblazer got on they left the other seats empty.

So this is my question, If the train fits 16 people total and 6 show up as trailblazers they leave 10 seats empty?
If this is the  case I will complain loudly next time I am at the park.  Right up front at the guest relations.
If a trailblazer shows and they ask for the front and I am next in line and I have to wait but the other seats are filled by regular " Steerage" like myself, then I am OK with that.

If they are leaving the entire train empty then I am very offended at having my and other guests time wasted.