Author Topic: Newest Press Release  (Read 6806 times)

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Re: Newest Press Release
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 10:40:44 PM »
thanks tina for clearing that up.  i went to website but could not find it.. 5 times or 5 festivals?.
I think i actuall hit all the festivals this year. 1st time for me... ;D

5 times.  You do NOT need to go to 5 festivals this year! ;D  I asked some people and they don't know if it's because it's the 50th year or not, but that's the way it is this year, and some people in the Hospitality House said they thought it might be that way next year too, but they weren't sure.

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »
I went to OTC with an awesome gal last year, who had visited 5 times (but not five festivals) and they didn't give her an ornament. I went to all the different festivals that year, and when I saw the look on her face, I knew should give her my ornament. Besides, it meant more to her than me. I have one of those little 5 foot Christmas Trees, LOL.

Yes... that was very sweet of you!!! ;D

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 11:50:48 PM »
I really wish they would leave the area around the swinging bridge alone. However, if they can put in a small attraction there without tearing out too many trees, it would be OK. I'd love to see the balloon chase come back, or a small childrens area. It would be a good fit in that section of the park.

Agreed. I know, the geography of the park makes expanding very difficult, but I hate it when they tear out large chunks of the park to put something mediocre in (i.e. River Blast). However, I am a bit of a preservationist. You should have seen my reaction when they cleared away all of those trees for the expanded parking lot. :-X ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:19:50 AM by Ozark BBQ »

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 01:17:06 AM »
I really wish they would leave the area around the swinging bridge alone. 

Well, as small-scale as this project appears to be, I think the swinging bridge is safe. See! I can find an upside to everything. Less progress=more preservation.

I still think they need to focus on re-opening the closed tree house and closed landing playgrounds and bringing them up to code, rather than building entirely new ones, or at least use the same spots. Do we really want SDC to slowly become a defunct attraction junkyard like Celebration City is?

Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 08:16:31 AM »
good point, and i will bet when they are done the project will look like its always been there. After all except the smoking area, that area has always been open and non-productive.. surprising they have not done anything there before now.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 10:38:17 AM »
Uh oh, this just came to mind...what if what they are doing by the swinging bridge is just an upgrade on the smoking area...say with some kind of covered shelter for rainy days? Thoughts?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 10:57:08 AM »
Uh oh, this just came to mind...what if what they are doing by the swinging bridge is just an upgrade on the smoking area...say with some kind of covered shelter for rainy days? Thoughts?

If this is the case, it would be nicest thing anyone has done for smokers these past few years. Seems like everywhere you go, they're making things worse for smokers. I think there is more to it than that, but great guess...we'll find out soon enough :)
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2010, 11:05:11 AM »
Go to the KIDSFEST Page on the SDC Website and look what is in store for 2011...HALF DOLLAR HOLLER is to be constructed in the area across from the depot...just ran into this info on another thread. Our mystery is over! It will be a million dollar investment...a little playground for the kiddies.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"