Author Topic: What are your favorite Soap Operas?  (Read 20680 times)

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: What are your favorite Soap Operas?
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2011, 05:44:36 PM »
Som Good News my show The Young and the Restless was renewed for three years!

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »
Anyone remember "Dark Shadows?" I was a little kid and watched it with mom, who was a housewife then. Barnabas Collins was my favorite character. It's funny to watch the videos of it now at how bad some of the storylines and acting were. They did the shows live, and I remember set pieces getting knocked over! This was network television -ABC. Times have changed.
I too remember Dark Shadows. I use to watch the re-runs of it with mom. Even at such a young age, I remember thinking of how poor the acting was and how slow the show seemed to run. Haven't thought of that show in a long time, think I might look it up on YouTube tonight.
I also remember watching The Young and the Restless with my Grandmother when I would stay at her house. At 11:00am you had BETTER turn the channel over to her show! Of course at 6:00 my Grandfather would then take over with "The Wheel." ohh, good times good times!  :D
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 09:42:46 AM »
ok i think the best response to this would be:

HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM??

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
Don't you remember Dark Shadows SandDuneRider? It was a gothic horror soap opera! Vampires, werewolves, ghosts, and so on. Cheesy, but fun! Rent a DVD at your local video store and watch a couple hours of this old show. It is now very campy, very 2nd rate, and funny to watch.  ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »
i'll check on that.  maybe fancast.com or netflix has it.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »
Dark Shadows needless to say isn't as good in acting as modern day soap operas. Also, Jonnhy Depp is working on a Dark Shadows movie based on the TV show.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 05:25:42 PM »
So does anyone here remember the NBC soap opera "ANOTHER WORLD" which was cancelled in 1999

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 06:10:36 PM »
i watched 4 old batman tv shows monday.. the 30 minute shows with adam west, burt ward.

HOLY COW!!!!

couldn't believe how hokey it looks now.  used to watch them religously.

WHAM!!!!!!!!

BAM!!!!!!!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 05:06:21 PM »
POW! ZAP! (Anyone remember the old Green Hornet shows that had Bruce Lee as Cato?) They were done similar to the old Adam West and Burt Ward Batman episodes. You'll notice Adam West has made a career out of campy. His voice is featured in one of the current sarcastic animated shows now...I think Family Guy...as "Mayor" Adam West. He's as silly as ever.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 05:17:46 PM »
yes i do remember green hornet..  oh wait showing that age thing......  I remember seeing the reruns, yea thats right.  the reruns!!  LOL...   had forgotten about them.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2011, 12:05:21 PM »
All My Children and One Life to Live cancelled.......
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
I was watching (not by choice) a bruce lee biography dealy whopper and the featured that show and talked about how bruce lee had to slow down his punching cuz he was too fast for the camera......anyhow I also remember batmans show. I watched it when I went into the hospital as a really young kiddo (which wasnt all that long ago come to think about it) ANywhow. I got my husband hooked on desperate housewives reruns.....sweet.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2011, 02:26:59 PM »
""""""""I was watching (not by choice) a bruce lee biography dealy whopper and the featured that show and talked about how bruce lee had to slow down his punching cuz he was too fast for the camera......anyhow I also remember batmans show. I watched it when I went into the hospital as a really young kiddo (which wasnt all that long ago come to think about it) ANywhow. I got my husband hooked on desperate housewives reruns.....sweet.""""""""

Really trams?  "dealy whopper"  "kiddo"  "desperate housewives"???????   man!  we need to talk!   LOL!

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2011, 04:29:42 PM »
All My Children and One Life to Live are moving online. They will have new episodes in the same format and quality according to the company Prospect Park which has picked them up. They also said it would be the home of more cancelled shows in the future. Maybe some of our favorite primetime shows can migrate their. lol. Also, Charlie's Angels was cancelled by ABC. The show the chew which replaced All My Children apparently is the lowest rated show in daytime TV it has 1.78 million viewers while The Talk which replaced As the World Turns has 1.84 million and it's the 2nd lowest rated.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »
Isn't this crazy? I've watched Y&R since I can remember along with Guiding Light. I was so sad when they cancelled that one. Then in the 90's my G'ma got me into As the World Turns so when that went off, well expected more soaps to go. I never watched the others so can't say if good or bad thing. Now I'm finding myself checking in on Bold & Beautiful soap .......hubby thought after I had to have 3 soaps now down to 1 he was happy so if I start another, oh dear!  :D