Author Topic: EARTHQUAKE!!!  (Read 15257 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: EARTHQUAKE!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2011, 07:00:27 AM »
Thanks for the map..kinda interesting.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2011, 11:04:36 AM »
Another earthquake was felt last night. This one was 4.7.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »
6.9 in Japan, multiple 4 & 5+ in OK and AR, Asteroid hurdling past earth... Might wanna rethink my day....

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »
Not to mention the tornadic storms charging through Oklahoma, and Arkansas this afternoon in November. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2011, 01:48:26 PM »
ok!  with this topics and the things being posted............

Which movie are you thinking about today?

Armageddon?
Deep Impact?
Day after Tomorrow?
2012?

wellll??????????????/

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2011, 06:17:58 PM »
head for the hills!!!! lol. I asked my husband in the event of earthquake where to go.....he said a field. I then went jr high on him and asked if there was an earthquake with a side of tornado what to do.....he said shake hands with God.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
i told ya not to ask....
my wife works in a cave, i couldnt handle it if i worked there! :o
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:21:12 PM by How-doFolks »
Live life like it's the last day!

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2011, 03:53:34 PM »
LOL...I live about 25-30 miles north of Prague where it all started and we felt it pretty good!  With the earthquakes and the tornadoes that day, I didn't know whether to get in the cellar, get in a doorway or run outside!  Wild times we're a livin' in!!

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2011, 05:19:26 PM »
those dern baldknobbers going to be the death of us!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
AND now we have high winds,flood and snow in alaska, causing some towns to evacuate,,,

What will thurday bring?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2011, 12:15:45 AM »
I can't believe I didn't feel any of the earthquakes/tremors. My mom felt them up in Columbia, and my sister felt them in Independence (MO), and several of my friends felt them here in Springfield... I didn't feel a thing. I always thought after living through the '89 Loma Prieta earthquake in California, I would be extra-sensitive to the earth shakin' and rollin', but I guess not.

That was the one and only major earthquake I've ever experienced. I was four and we were living in Milpitas, which is about halfway between the epicenter and Oakland. That one was a 6.9 (surface-wave 7.1). I'll never forget that day. I've never experienced anything like that before or since.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »
That’s incredible Joy. Earthquakes definitely have a way of “rocking your world,” and living throuh a big one is such an experience!

It makes sense to me that there are always earthquakes along the west coast, and such, but these new earthquakes in Oklahoma, and Arkansas this year have really puzzled me. I always thought any earthquake in this area would come from the New Madrid Fault, but it has been as quiet as a mouse.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2011, 03:31:23 PM »
Be GLAD the New Madrid Fault is quiet. When it gives us "the big one" it WILL destroy EVERYTHING between St. Louis and Memphis. It will make Hurricane Katrina and the Joplin Tornado seem like nothing. The 1811 1812 quakes created Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee, made the Mississippi River run backwards, and caused church bells in Boston to ring! Oh, there is a fault in the NYC area, too, that when it really shakes, will damage the east coast beyond belief. HANG ON TIGHT! IT'S GONNA BE A BUMPY RIDE!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2011, 04:22:16 PM »
I can only hope when that day comes my family and I will be with the Good Lord in Heaven! I dont want to see it or what it will do!!!!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2011, 04:23:40 PM »
we had one here about 5 years ago just out side of st.Louis about 4am i thought it was the new madrid fault line and told the wife too hang on cause if it was the new madrid fault we were in trouble, but it wasn't it was one that was located about 90 miles east of here in i think marshall IL, please correct me if I'm wrong if anyone remembers it.