Author Topic: Fall Crafts festival foods question  (Read 2293 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Fall Crafts festival foods question
« on: September 26, 2010, 06:23:08 PM »
Do they have the taste of america again this year?
Where they have different booths from across the country? Its in the large building near the GE?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fall Crafts festival foods question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 06:33:36 PM »
Not as it was.  They have about 8 different foods listed in the SDC newspaper that are at diffferent restraunts (ie Buffalo Chili and Beef Stew at the Lumbercamp, Ham and Beans at Aunt Polly's, etc).  I liked it better when it was setup in the Red Gold Heritage Hall but they say they needed more room for the Barn Dance.  The different foods are also listed on the SDC website on the Fall Festival link.  They did not bring back the Prairie Chicken or the Pork Chops from recent Fall Fests and those were 2 of my favorites.  They also didn't bring back the Salute to the Great American Cowboy/Cowgirl but that's a whole 'nother thread...
I'm Your Huckleberry

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 06:37:32 PM »
And there's also fewer guest music groups this year which also could be another thread.... :(

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 06:44:12 PM »
They used to have Mexican, although it wasn't authentic ( some would scream) they had a little salad bar you could top it with, I always enjoyed the meal and last year they took the condiment bar away and this year it sounds like they trashed the whole damn thing.
I don't care about a barn dance and will not even go in there.  Facts are they cant make any money off the barn dance.  It was nice to sit around insdie with a little entertainment while you ate.
Too bad.
Another notch in the tightening " declining by degrees " belt.

Its getting to where I am walking in and expecting LESS than I remember.
 I am not disappointed that way.