Author Topic: Whatever happened to...  (Read 3103 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Whatever happened to...
« on: September 22, 2010, 06:51:04 PM »
I don't know the guy's name but he was a street performer for years and he played Dusty Chaps during the Frontier Fa-la-la Follies at the Saloon during Christmas.  I last saw him a few years ago in the bakery during his day off and he was with his wife and a new baby.  As Quasimodo would say, does this ring a bell with anybody?  :)
I'm Your Huckleberry

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever happened to...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 11:00:22 PM »
I believe that would be Todd Stewart, living in Springfield, MO.  Not sure what he is doing now.  There for a while he was managing a gospel singing group...he may still be doing that.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »
Thanks, Zephon!  I knew I hadn't seen the guy around in a while and was just curious.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 02:19:53 PM »
I wonder if Zephon, Copper, or one of the other current citizens could ask around and tell me whatever happened to LARRY BECKETT. Larry, in 1979, was the lead man at Jim Owens' Float Trip, and in the first few seasons of the American Plunge, Larry was lead man there. Later, Larry moved over to cut glass, and became a craftsman, then left SDC to pursue his own small cut glass business at Engler's Block and later at a new crafts place down from the Branson Meadows Shopping Center where several other craftsmen and vendors had booths. I know Larry had a form of cancer at one time, and it was pretty bad, but I don't know if he has recovered or if he passed away. Larry was a good guy to work with, and I enjoyed working with him at the old float trip ride.

"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 08:54:36 PM »
I knew Larry...a fine fellow.  I don't know, haven't heard anything about him in years.  Sorry.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:22:58 PM »
I want to say Larry went to that big theme park in the sky, but I'm not sure. God bless him, where ever he is.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"