Author Topic: Remembering Mike Jayne  (Read 1945 times)

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Remembering Mike Jayne
« on: August 25, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »
Not sure if you all heard of Mike Jayne before (I never knew him by "Mitch") but he was very much a part of the Ozark bluegrass scene.

I ran across this last night while looking at a Bluegrass site.  I grew up in Salem, Missouri (now I call Northwest Arkansas my "home" when not in Orlando), and Mike "Mitch" Jayne was a local hero to me as he appeared on the Andy Griffith Show as part of the Darling Family.

This also has significance because of Salem's other famous son - Rodney Dillard who performed at SDC, to which we have posted many threads about, was also part of TAGS and very much part of the Ozark music scene.  I met Mike a few times as a kid and it was really the first thing I had to meeting someone that was a celebrity.  I had almost forgotten about him until I ran across this.  It might be old news to some of you, and might be new like it was to me.

http://thespps.org/blog/2010/08/12/rememberingmitchjayn/
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering Mike Jayne
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:57:10 PM »
Sorry to hear he passed. He was an important member of an important group. If you are a fan of country rock...like the Eagles, Linda Ronstadt, Flying Burrito Brothers...thank the Dillards, progressive Bluegrass pioneers!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"