Author Topic: Labor Day Weekend  (Read 4281 times)

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
Labor Day Weekend
« on: August 13, 2010, 09:32:20 AM »
So, Labor day weekend is coming in a couple of weeks. Who plans on going to SDC?
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Labor Day Weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 04:28:30 PM »
Holy Cow, it's almost Labor Day! I've been so caught up in school and almost forgot. As of right now I don't have any Labor Day plans, tonight we are going to sit down and figure out where to go. We thought about going to SDC on Friday labor day weekend, and DW on Monday Labor Day. It's also a sad day for me because my favorite Soap Opera As the World Turns has been cancelled. It airs it's last episode September 17th! Since i'm at school till 3' I have to always Ti-Vo ATWT. Once Again it's very sad. I also remember As the World Turns filmed at SDC back in July 2007, SDC should look into putting that episode for sale on DVD.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 04:33:01 PM by dwfan »

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 04:58:30 PM »
Well Maddie, we are probably waiting till sometime in early October. I'd like to see the park in the fall. I've never been there any other time than the middle of Summer.
No matter where you go, there you are.

mogal10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 08:24:18 PM »
Going the weekend after, very much looking forward to it.  Easier for the hubby to get vacation the weekend before or after a holiday lol.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »
Not us. BIG dirt-track races are always scheduled around then. We are gunna TRY AGAIN for our 1st trip of the year on either the 21st or 28th of this month..
Live life like it's the last day!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 09:51:15 AM »
Hoping to take my roomie up to KC to visit RenFest and Irish Fest (plus I'll get to spend time with my niece, sister, and finally my mother again!).

Hopefully the next time I'm back at SDC, things will be back to normal and the weather won't be so unforgiving with this heat.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 10:07:16 AM »
Well Maddie, we are probably waiting till sometime in early October. I'd like to see the park in the fall. I've never been there any other time than the middle of Summer.

I am going the middle week of October. September is still going to be a tad warm for my taste. (Yes, I am too picky :P) Labor Day weekend will be like any other holiday; high number of visitors, and low number of staff. Either way I am sure Labor Day will be a blast for those who go!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 10:16:19 AM by Ozark BBQ »

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 09:11:34 PM »
Have not decided yet.  We have gone to SDC the past several Labor Day weekends.  We really enjoy the Southern Gospel picnic.  It will probably depend on the groups performing that weekend and how hot the weather is going to be.  I guess I better check the schedule and see what performers are going to be there. We go Columbus Day weekend in October and spend Thanksgiving there.  Those are always my two favorite visits of the year.

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 04:59:15 AM »
I and a friend will be at the city for the Southern Gospel Picnic Aug 26-28.  Then a trip with the family at the end of September/beginning of October.  Looking forward to cooler temps for the latter, not for the former.  Ah well, I guess it will be "hot" southern gospel.
Vote to end 2020!