Author Topic: Just a couple questions  (Read 3275 times)

mogal10

• View Profile
Just a couple questions
« on: August 08, 2010, 10:55:05 PM »
Hello it has been many years since I have been to SDC.  May be planning to go in September and just have a few questions.  One.. on the rides, what sizes can they accomadate.  Are there any that are pretty spacious.  Mostly being an adult family we wouldn't ride many anyway, would mainly enjoy looking at things, shows etc  But my husband hes a big tall man, so just curious..  Mainly would like to know about the coal mine, fire in the hole, and maybe the train ride.  Also I noticed it is 55 acres how much of it is hillage?  Thanks in advance!  :)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Just a couple questions
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »
Flooded mine, Fire in the Hole and the train should be able to accomodate your husband. The tightest fit, so to speak, would be Fire in the Hole, they have to put down a safety bar that might be a bit tight, depending on how big a fella he is. The park is located in the Ozark Mountains, and is mostly hilly, but the main street area, grand exposition, and riverfront areas are fairly level. Take your time, sit down on a bench and people watch when you get tired, and enjoy your day at SDC!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:44:08 AM »
The Roller Coasters and the Swing may pose a problem for him.
If he is thinking about going on the rides he can try the seat outside the building. I recommend that he do this as it is really unfortunate when someone has to do the " Walk of Shame" because they didn't try out a seat first.
The park is indeed hilly. If you begin by walking down to the candle shop area first it will be easier on you.
Plan on leaving the park by exiting via the right side ( candy / glass shops) You will find it more managable and not quite as steep as the left.
Head the warnings on the maps
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:38:10 AM by mhguy77 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 09:09:27 AM »
All ride specifications are on the SDC website:  http://www.bransonsilverdollarcity.com/schedules-brochures/ .

You might check out the Ride and Park Information for Guests with Disabilities brochure for some great information (even if you're not disabled).  There is some interesting information there.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mogal10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:07:10 AM »
Thanks for the info we will definatly check the seats out front.  And will check out the info on the website.  Yes the hills may pose a bit of a problem for me, that is why it is always good to know in advance, but as long as I got some benches.  LOL I made it through HW world this year so hopefully I will SDC too.  And it is a bit smaller so I think I will enjoy it a lot more.

Harp

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:22 AM »
Best advice I can give is relax and enjoy the experience.  Spend time at the homestead and listen to the Homestead Pickers, listen to Judy and some of her Ozark storytelling.  Visit with the crafts people.  They are wonderful to talk with.  Make a candle, watch the potters, send a post card from the SDC post office; there is so much more than the rides.

Harp

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 01:05:11 PM »
Just as a point of reference, Silver Dollar City is roughly just over a quarter of a mile long from the front entrance to the very rear of the park. Obviously you will want to do much more adventuring than that, but this distance should give you an idea of how to plan your day.

As already mentioned, stay on the east side of the park for the flatter terrain. If traveling down a hill is not as much of a problem then enter the park on the west hand side, and exit on the east hand side.

The train is my favorite place to take a 30 minute "break."  ;D

mogal10

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:26:11 PM »
Thanks Harp those are the things I enjoy more anyway.   I will def be looking forward to that Train lol