• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Potential

#1
Construction/Rumors / Re: Fanfest 2026
September 25, 2026, 01:00:38 PM
Quote from: Duelist on September 25, 2026, 11:47:12 AMWhat were the Monday Teaser/Tuesday Announcement they said were coming up?


It was Fox and friends going live at sdc for the whole pumpkin carving thing it's just for sdc to get more national exposure
#2
Construction/Rumors / Re: Fanfest 2026
September 19, 2026, 09:45:25 PM
I thought they were gonna give us more info on MME and daredevil pass because it's just been questionable to me but they didn't and that's fine

I don't exactly know what the Monday teaser and Tuesday announcement could possibly be about but I don't think it has much to do with Taylor swift as I think that moment was just supposed to be part of an act for fanfest


#3
Since fanfest is coming up soon what do you guys think they will announce
#4
I get that it's called that as homage to Six Flags over Mid America but "Mid America Adventure" just doesn't seem like a name for an amusement park
#5
General Silver Dollar City Talk / Re: SDC Dormant?
August 15, 2026, 02:32:29 PM
They might do something unique by 2029 or 2030
#6
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 15, 2026, 01:47:45 PM
Quote from: sdcfan88 on August 14, 2026, 11:11:07 PM
Quote from: Wildfire on August 14, 2026, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: Potential on August 14, 2026, 09:02:26 PMok so you think sdc is not the best park in america that's fine you're entitled to your opinion I just don't see the point of arguing over a family coaster it's not gonna get you anywere
Ultimately SDC's marketing department sucks.  They build up this anticipation of something spectacular, on the scale of the real best in America parks, and then give us this very meh mine train, not 1st of it's kind in the states, not heavily themed coaster

Agreed 100% the Rose Colored Glasses syndrome is quite strong with a lot of folks. This will be my last year I hold a pass until they follow thru with their hype and stop making inferior additions ripped from Rollercoaster Tycoon on a Friday Afternoon at the expense of a classic. (Flooded Mine will be next to share this fate) Vote with your wallet. WOF and SFOT will be getting more of my attention now. Tormenta looks pretty sweet and something like it would have worked well here at SDC. At least someone followed thru with adding a Giga. And huge respect to WOF for keeping Timberwolf around refurbishing it. (a ride OLDER than TNT)

Speaking of, this TNT replacement is also a laughable addition for hosting Coaster Con next year. They could have really knocked it out of the park with something epic but decided to play it safe with the bare minimum again. But hey this new low capacity kids coaster will serve its purpose in boosting trailblazer sales from the GP.


I don't know what you expected

SDC is definitely not getting a giga coaster or anything similar to Tormenta


IT'S A FAMILY THEME PARK

I don't care if it's no ordinary family theme park that has thrill coasters it's still a family theme park

You also never know maybe their next coaster after this might be better in taste for you
#7
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 09:22:27 PM
Quote from: Wildfire on August 14, 2026, 09:14:59 PM
Quote from: Potential on August 14, 2026, 09:02:26 PMok so you think sdc is not the best park in america that's fine you're entitled to your opinion I just don't see the point of arguing over a family coaster it's not gonna get you anywere
Ultimately SDC's marketing department sucks.  They build up this anticipation of something spectacular, on the scale of the real best in America parks, and then give us this very meh mine train, not 1st of it's kind in the states, not heavily themed coaster

again I understand but I do think your underestimating some things

first of all silver dollar city is a family theme park so you should expect them to open some family coasters

second of all the theming in this ride is not all bad i can tell this is the most themed ride at sdc
plus we also don't even have the full aspect of the theming it might look bad to you because you only saw an animated POV usually those animated POV aren't going to be the full thing when it comes to themed rides
#8
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 09:02:26 PM
ok so you think sdc is not the best park in america that's fine you're entitled to your opinion I just don't see the point of arguing over a family coaster it's not gonna get you anywere
#9
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 08:48:35 PM
Quote from: RowEleven on August 14, 2026, 08:42:28 PMSomething I haven't heard anyone mention is the announcement art. I think the concept art of both the ride and Daredevil Pass are pretty great. The color schemes and textures of the key art are miles above what other parks have released this year.

The announcement video is also phenomenal. People put a LOT of effort into the announcement materials.

yes it's very creative and it's also a good thing there wasn't AI involed because that's been kind of a problem with theme parks nowadays
#10
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 08:46:28 PM
Quote from: Wildfire on August 14, 2026, 08:37:50 PM
Quote from: Potential on August 14, 2026, 08:27:51 PM
Quote from: Wildfire on August 14, 2026, 08:15:42 PM
Quote from: RowEleven on August 14, 2026, 07:49:55 PMAbsolutely wild watching everyone fall apart in this forum over a family coaster.

It's pretty obvious there are mostly young people here going off the fact that "Hagrids-level theming" was expected. Miner's Mountain Express is a sub $50 million investment. Hagrids cost Universal $300 million. Universal and Disney spend huge sums of money on their theming, and regional parks just don't have that budget.

With that said, I think MME's theming looks great, even right now. Walking through the site this morning made me appreciate just how much rock they've laid. It's a huge area with a LOT of landscaping. The finished path by the tower already has some nice plant life coming in. The station area itself is bare, but I see the potential there.

In terms of the ride, I knew to expect a family coaster, so I was actually surprised to see more intense/interesting elements in the layout. A wave turn? Great. Some surprisingly long airtime hills? Incredible. And the weird trick-track thing in the tunnel is going to feel bonkers, I know it.

Many elements feel like a direct callback to Thunderation. That final dive out of the tunnel is a completely mirrored moment. The exit from the station, too. And the second or third helix (the one that banks almost 90º) is reminiscent of Thunderation's tightening spiral into the tunnel.

One of those lifts is almost 100', too! It won't sit too far below Powderkeg.

I don't love the name, but from what I've heard, that was a corporate decision. I'm super hyped about the name for the new section of the park. Daredevil Pass freaking rips.


I take it as a compliment you think I'm young, I will be 45 in December.  The "best theme park in America" SHOULD be on a Universal/Disney level.  This coaster is not even in the ballpark of the theming those parks have.  Maybe quit marketing it as the best when it clearly is not.


ignore what wildfire has to say all he's doing is bringing negativity to this forum
Dude I have been a season pass holder all my life.  I absolutely love SDC, but it is an absolute joke for it to be "the best theme park in America".  It is not even in the ballpark with theming compared to Universal or Disney.  If they truly want to be the best, then quit cheaping out on theming

why would you expect them to be in the same ballpark as universal or disney they're not close in terms of appeal but what makes SDC better is that has great atmosphere and the feelness of the park is something you won't experience at any other park

also they're called the best theme park in america because fans voted them to be the best theme park it's not like they just chose to be called that

and again there's no need to be pressed
#11
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 08:27:51 PM
Quote from: Wildfire on August 14, 2026, 08:15:42 PM
Quote from: RowEleven on August 14, 2026, 07:49:55 PMAbsolutely wild watching everyone fall apart in this forum over a family coaster.

It's pretty obvious there are mostly young people here going off the fact that "Hagrids-level theming" was expected. Miner's Mountain Express is a sub $50 million investment. Hagrids cost Universal $300 million. Universal and Disney spend huge sums of money on their theming, and regional parks just don't have that budget.

With that said, I think MME's theming looks great, even right now. Walking through the site this morning made me appreciate just how much rock they've laid. It's a huge area with a LOT of landscaping. The finished path by the tower already has some nice plant life coming in. The station area itself is bare, but I see the potential there.

In terms of the ride, I knew to expect a family coaster, so I was actually surprised to see more intense/interesting elements in the layout. A wave turn? Great. Some surprisingly long airtime hills? Incredible. And the weird trick-track thing in the tunnel is going to feel bonkers, I know it.

Many elements feel like a direct callback to Thunderation. That final dive out of the tunnel is a completely mirrored moment. The exit from the station, too. And the second or third helix (the one that banks almost 90º) is reminiscent of Thunderation's tightening spiral into the tunnel.

One of those lifts is almost 100', too! It won't sit too far below Powderkeg.

I don't love the name, but from what I've heard, that was a corporate decision. I'm super hyped about the name for the new section of the park. Daredevil Pass freaking rips.


I take it as a compliment you think I'm young, I will be 45 in December.  The "best theme park in America" SHOULD be on a Universal/Disney level.  This coaster is not even in the ballpark of the theming those parks have.  Maybe quit marketing it as the best when it clearly is not.


ignore what wildfire has to say all he's doing is bringing negativity to this forum
#12
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 08:02:48 PM
Quote from: Wildfire on August 14, 2026, 07:39:19 PM
Quote from: Potential on August 14, 2026, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: SDCisHome on August 14, 2026, 06:26:50 PMI am absolutely thrilled with this. Of course I would've loved a large thrill coaster, but this fits. It all started with a cave...

There's a lot of attention to detail with this. My only "meh" about it is the name, I think it's long and could've been more original, but Oo well. The ride length is excellent and I think the theming will be spot on. Hard to judge on a POV, everyone needs to wait until it's open to really judge.

I'm also a HUGE fan of Daredevil Pass...it's like a new hub area for the park. Well done, SDC!

Some people are just mad that it's a mine train I think the theming even looks great in the POV

It didn't take me too long to go from disappointed to excited
The 1st in the States comment definitely raised my hopes.  This meh coaster should have been themed to a Universal or Disney level judging by the hype the SDC marketing department created.  I guess it fills a need, but they sure made it look like an exciting coaster, which it is not.  I just hope with this bland layout they will finally theme a coaster to the level of "the best theme park in America" cause so far, that is a massive joke.

Look I get it I didn't really want a mine train in the first place but the more that I think about it the more it makes sense there's no need to get so pressed about it
#13
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 06:38:10 PM
Quote from: SDCisHome on August 14, 2026, 06:26:50 PMI am absolutely thrilled with this. Of course I would've loved a large thrill coaster, but this fits. It all started with a cave...

There's a lot of attention to detail with this. My only "meh" about it is the name, I think it's long and could've been more original, but Oo well. The ride length is excellent and I think the theming will be spot on. Hard to judge on a POV, everyone needs to wait until it's open to really judge.

I'm also a HUGE fan of Daredevil Pass...it's like a new hub area for the park. Well done, SDC!

Some people are just mad that it's a mine train I think the theming even looks great in the POV

It didn't take me too long to go from disappointed to excited
#14
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 01:57:37 PM
I still don't understand why some people here have a problem with the theming it's way better than the theming on big bear mountain I do get that the marketing probably hyped us up a little too much but we really shouldn't assume this is bland people are already thinking this could potentially be the best mine train ever made and I'll admit I was a tad bit disappointed at first but it's starting to grow on me right now so I'm excited to ride this

Plus I do think we might get more details on this ride at fanfest so again we shouldn't judge this coaster too much
#15
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 12:13:28 PM
Quote from: Dewayne on August 14, 2026, 12:02:53 PMI am disappointed.

I am slightly happy how the ride looks, has 2 chain lifts, the landscaping, water, the fact that it will go thru the top of the station like thunderhead does, that it will interact with AP, the tunnel, the fact that it is a compact coaster, and has some Airtime moments that I can see.

Unfortunately, I am also disappointed by what it is. The airtime moments don't look strong enough to me compared to what Ozark Wildcat had, I don't see many airtime moments, I expected it to go around PK, cross the tracks, go behind OR, turn around, go into a show builing, go in reverse, drop track, have 3 chain lifts, and come back. I expected something that would finally give Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure a run for it's money! Instead, we just get the newer version of Hiccup's Wing Gliders.... 🙄😒

Shave, THIS is why everyone is upset and disappointed. We expected one thing, yet we get less!

So now, my question is: Why is all that land cleared, why was it not used for this coaster, and what is it planned to be used for???

I wouldn't judge this coaster too much sure we get the concept now but that's all we've got. We can't ride it yet we'll just have to see how this ride turns out