• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.
Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - WhatsNew

#1
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 15, 2026, 08:16:27 AM
Quote from: mg on August 14, 2026, 11:14:38 PM
Quote from: MidwestInfoGuide on August 14, 2026, 09:11:15 PM
Quote from: MidwestInfoGuide on August 14, 2026, 07:31:19 PMHere's our coverage of the MME announcement event from this morning

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2026/08/silver-dollar-city-miners-mountain.html

Here's our coverage from the construction tour

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2026/08/silver-dollar-city-miners-mountain_01590052611.html



I spy myself and my family in a few of the construction photos. 👀

This was by far the best produced event that SDC has put on. From the theming in the theater, to the brunch area, and all of the miners around the construction area, it was top notch.

I know our family is super excited for it. It is the perfect fit and importantly, it will attract more families that will also want to stay at the resort. Not sure there could have been a better ride choice to open along with the resort.

Great point on this being a good choice of attraction to bundle with the new resort. "Come stay at our brand new resort and ride our newest coaster with the whole family." Pretty good way to kick things off for the next season, especially when you compare it to the Universal Kids Resort in Texas that was a big disappointment in terms of theming and attraction lineup for the general public.

There was a moment in the presentation where Brad was naming off cities, and they all were in the mid-America region if I remember correctly. They've got their eyes on the regional market that can't make a trip to Orlando or California every year, but they can make a drive to SDC for an annual family vacation. I can imagine that SDC is/will be making a bigger push to cement themselves as the premiere Midwest theme park going forward as the bigger parks start experimenting in our region. I'm sure that will result in a greater focus on family attractions with some stronger thrills mixed in on occasion, which isn't a bad thing. They have to do what makes sense financially at the end of the day to keep their main customers coming back, and this seems like an appropriate fit.
#2
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 14, 2026, 10:41:45 AM
I think this will be a good addition for the park overall. Of course, I'd love another thrill ride but it would've been hard for them to make it another couple of years without a family-friendly coaster.

The theming around the ride seems great and I'm excited to see how it adds to the overall vibe of that side of the park. And hooray for a path between Wildfire and Powder Keg!

This announcement made me realize that it's been a bit since they added a flat ride to the lineup. Would the most recent be the Fireman's Landing area? I'd be interested to see them flush out some of these coaster-heavy areas of the park with a themed flat.
#3
Construction/Rumors / Re: Project 2027 Tracker
August 11, 2026, 12:29:33 PM
I'm really curious if/when the certificates from Fan Fest are going to come into play with this project. I'm not expecting anything huge but I've been curious about it since last fall. Friday can't get here soon enough!