Author Topic: CC's 2008 Project  (Read 27769 times)

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: CC's 2008 Project
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2008, 10:34:44 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see a re-theme at all even though my family has come to love the Celebration City atmosphere.  I am sure that the Herschend's are looking at the possibility because of the poorer perfomance of Celebration City and the recent purchase of Wild Adventures.  They could borrow ideas and plans from the sister park, much the way they do with Silver Dollar City and Dollywood.  The zoo animals might be a huge draw.  The Ozark Wildcat could remain the same as it would fit right in the theme. 

sdcforever

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2008, 02:47:28 PM »
^I hadn't thought about the possiblity of CC and Wild Adventures becoming sister parks.  That's certainly a possiblity.  Perhaps the theming of Roaring Falls is the beginning of a transition.  HFE certainly has experience borrowing ideas/plans with the SDC/DW pairing.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2008, 12:44:33 AM »
They became sister parks when WA was bought by HFEC, but I understand what you are getting at.  I still not convinced a complete retheme will occur here, but it is obvious that things will change in the near future at CC
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2008, 11:30:06 PM »
Just in case there's anyone else here who, like myself, didn't get to CC (not that I didn't want to go!), Big Mike over at TPR has a couple of great shots of Roaring Falls that really shows off the landscaping put into it - http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41995&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1380  (SDC photos are on the next page)

Man, I was thinking they were going with the Amazon theme because it would be cheaper to pull off, but they really went to a good bit of effort to theme this, so there goes that theory.

At least it looks really nice.

sdcforever

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2008, 12:10:50 AM »
^You're right, it looks really nice.  They definitely put more time, money, and thought into the theming than I thought they did.

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2008, 10:13:01 PM »
How has CC's attendance been this year?
I went last year, and it was pretty bad...
I'm going tommarow most likely, I've been wanting to try out
Roaring Falls for a while now.
I'm hoping it isn't exactly like the one at six Flags St. Louis, but since this one came from a Six Flags, I have a feeling it is.

sdcforever

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2008, 12:19:42 PM »
^I've heard it's been flat--about the same as last year.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2008, 12:33:44 PM »
^Ug, and after installing such a huge new ride no less... Meh, maybe Roaring Falls is the reason they didn't go negative. Still though, if that's what the situation is I think another small flat is the most we can hope for. Heck, with this kind of performance, I'm sure there are more ideas for better uses of the land floating around HFEC than ever before. Maybe we'll get an aquarium.  ::)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2008, 01:52:34 PM »
^They already own one in Branson West.  ;D
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2008, 02:15:33 PM »
^Ug, and after installing such a huge new ride no less... Meh, maybe Roaring Falls is the reason they didn't go negative. Still though, if that's what the situation is I think another small flat is the most we can hope for. Heck, with this kind of performance, I'm sure there are more ideas for better uses of the land floating around HFEC than ever before. Maybe we'll get an aquarium.  ::)

RF is a great ride, I'm sure.  I haven't ridden it yet.  But it's not even original for the park, IMO.  They already have Shoot-D-Chute, and it's practically right next to RF.  Granted, RF is a shoot-the-chutes and Shoot-D-Chute is a log flume ride, but to me they're the same type of ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2008, 03:22:02 PM »
Ohmigawd and like OzCat and Thunderbolt are rollercoasters and that makes them about exactly the same too.  I call shenanigans!!!  ::)

I mean Really?
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2008, 03:27:52 PM »
^I didn't say they were exactly the same, but there's not that much of a difference between a shoot-the-chute ride and a log flume ride.

I just feel that for a park the size of CC they need to make a ride somewhat unique if it's the parks largest expansion to date.

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »
I rode it last Sunday Afternoon.
I did get REALLY wet, but the whole thing felt kinda sad, since I was one of the only few people riding it.
It's really a shame, they did a nice job with the landscaping around it. I ate at the pasta-pizza-salad place, I forgot the name, something with an M. The salad was good, but the "Soup of the Day" was just chicken noodle, not much of a soup of the day. I get the feeling the "soup of the day" is chicken noodle pretty much every day...