Author Topic: New ride concept survey  (Read 31434 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: New ride concept survey
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 11:55:15 PM »
^Well that should be a dead giveaway that Tom and Huck's Adventure will go there.  I like how they have been getting more creative with their "teaser fences" recently.

^^I honestly hope there are not any more carnival games installed here.  There is enough already with Grand Expo and the pig race over at the Farm.

====
I wonder if the rest of the buildings in this little area will receive a "river side" motif to go along with the new ride, much like what the Carousel Barn (I hope they rename that and give it more of a purpose then it currently has) appears to have in the concept art
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2008, 12:01:06 AM »
I agree Swoosh. I hope they go all out on this area.

I wouldn’t mind if they kept the balloons in the Landing, so that there would be another “family ride” area other than the Expo. I might get booed for saying this, but a Tom and Huck theatre would be fun. The theatre could be like Dollywood’s Heart Song. This way there would be a theatre that could run several shows daily and another place to go when it rains.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 12:04:55 AM »
^I actually liked the Heartsong Theatre.  Sure it was cheesy, but I thought it was a neat addition to Dollywood.  Sounds like a winner to me.  :)
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 09:05:46 AM »
I agree Swoosh. I hope they go all out on this area.

I wouldn’t mind if they kept the balloons in the Landing, so that there would be another “family ride” area other than the Expo. I might get booed for saying this, but a Tom and Huck theatre would be fun. The theatre could be like Dollywood’s Heart Song. This way there would be a theatre that could run several shows daily and another place to go when it rains.

I also hope they go all out on this area.  I'm glad they're using the fence to hype up the construction, and even theming the fence, so people will actively seek it out to see the clues.  I am also all for a Tom and Huck theater; I thought that would be a great idea when we were discussing possible changes to the Landing in another thread a couple of months ago.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
Tom and Huck Theater?  That could easily be a 4-D experience.  I love the idea of this or even a terrific live show with a Twain theme.

I think some of you are assuming a river theme to the area, but it could easily just be a Mark Twain area, complete with a great Missouri book store (with the current book store being so down sized since the move).  This whole area could have a frog race (kiddie ride anyone) and even a Camelot area fantasy dark ride to go with other Twain books.  The Landing area is actually pretty large and if the whole area is engineered at once, a lot could fit in there.  Then, a bypass trail or bridge could be built through other routes.  Marvel Cave's lantern tours could be rebilled as Tom Sawyer lantern tours, and guides could actually get "lost" during the tour.

This whole thing really could be a big investment to reshape the center of the city, which is something we've been asking for in these forums.

Copper, I look forward to seeing some pictures of the area.  And if you can get some shots of the Culinary Arts building, please post those, too.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:51:34 AM by History Buff »
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 12:57:56 PM »
Crap, I had no idea that they were going to hype this up with a fence and clues - now I feel bad for posting the concept art on the main site for the GP to see... Oh well, it's only concept art, we still don't really have that good of an idea of what this whole project is about. There really is a lot of unused space there, I remember wondering about that the last time I wandered that trail behind the riverside theatre.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 01:19:59 PM »
Oh well, it was bound to happen eventually... and like you said, there is still a lot more that has not been revealed yet.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2008, 02:03:50 PM »
It's all part of the dance.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
I don't really want a splash battle area.
We already have Splash Harbor, plus you can get plenty wet on the water toboggan, Lost River, American Plunge, and Geyser Gulch. Do we really need more "wet areas"?
 like the idea of expanding on the Mark Twain idea, although if we get a "4-D" theater, let's hope it's not Spongebob 4-D. I have already ridden it at SF over Texas and at Shedd's Aquarium. It's painful! At the end, a rod inside the chair pokes into your back!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 02:24:06 PM by Johnny Boy »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2008, 02:39:34 PM »
I'm going to close this topic, use the 2009 thread.