Author Topic: Get your SDC Season Tickets NOW!!  (Read 6064 times)

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Get your SDC Season Tickets NOW!!
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »
I keep getting notifications from SDC about the need to purchase my season tickets before the end of April so I can save money.  I won't be able to use the special "Bring a Friend" privileges, and, beyond that, I can't seem to find out how much money I'll actually save by buying early.  Does anybody know the price differential, if there is one?
In His grip!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Get your SDC Season Tickets NOW!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 09:01:25 PM »
A season ticket is cheaper then a two day general admission into the park. If you plan on going at least two days, then a season ticket would be worth it.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:03:46 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 11:21:47 PM »
Thanks for the response, Coaster.  We've had season tickets before, so I'm well aware of the great bargain they are, and we plan to purchase them for our trip in June.  However, my question had to do more with the current promotion going on.  The advertising I've been getting seems to suggest that they are cheaper now ($72 + tax) than they will be after tomorrow.  My question is, do they actually go up significantly after April 30, or is the only incentive to buy early those bring-a-friend privileges I won't be able to use because I won't be there on the dates in question?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:29:38 PM by PastorDon »
In His grip!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 08:52:05 AM »
Since the Bring a Friend Pass does not interest you, I would not worry too much about ordering your Season Pass tickets after April 30th. I believe the Bring a Friend Pass is the biggest incentive that you will loose.

As you already know, Silver Dollar City is being intentionally vague about how much money you will save before the deadline. It is all about advertising, and marketing.

Directly from their website: "Last Chance For Pre-Season Rates! Purchase your 2010 Season Pass on or before April 30, 2010 to get pre-season prices, and the final Bring A Friend offer!"

Unfortunately, I do not know the exact price the Season Passes will be after April 30th. However, how much of a difference will that be? A penny? Hopefully, someone in the know will chime in soon.

I honestly do not believe that there will be much a price difference in the Season Passes. Sure, you will pay regular price if you want to bring a friend. Still, I believe most of this campaign is just a high pressure ploy to get you to buy now. The sooner you purchase, the sooner they can make money. Which there is nothing wrong with that, it's just business. :)

PastorDon

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 10:54:47 AM »
Thanks for the input Ozark.  I kind of thought that might be the case, but wanted to see if anybody knew otherwise.  Even if it was $10 more, it would still be a bargain compared to the Disney parks, and I'm sure we'll purchase them for the family when we get there.  I don't need one, though, because I turned 50 a few weeks ago!  ;D
In His grip!