Author Topic: Cinnamon Bread.....Please Help!  (Read 5776 times)

RJW

• View Profile
Cinnamon Bread.....Please Help!
« on: September 13, 2020, 06:26:17 PM »
As I posted on another Branson forum:

OK, a call to arms, or emails anyway, to all of the Society of SDC Cinnamon Bread Lovers.
Go to their webpage, and ask them to please bring the great original cinnamon bread back to Sullivans Mill.
Keep their new fancy bakery store, sell their multi flavored abominations of the original cinnamon bread there. But at least have the original available at Sullivans too!
It was so nice to enter the park, a short walk across Town Square, and have a cinnamon bread, and cup of coffee. Now it's half way, or better across the park. Why?
My only thought is maybe that way it will increase the sales of those dry, tasteless, disgusting things they call cinnamon rolls at that bakery place as you enter.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Cinnamon Bread.....Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 07:36:30 PM »
Everything I have had at the bakery as you enter has always been dry and tasteless.  The cinnamon rolls, and those big cookies look good, but are dry.  They now sell what they are calling whoopie pies, but they are not really whoopie pies and they too are dry and tasteless.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 08:41:35 AM »
This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm going to share it anyway! I don't see any discernible difference in the cinnamon bread, and, while I don't care for the "ozark-chic" decor of the new place, it's a lot roomier. On busy days, the cinnamon bread crowd at the mill was unmanageable. Now, I grab my cinnamon bread, head to the outdoor dining area by Mystic River Falls, and enjoy the ambiance of the City.

RJW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 10:31:22 AM »
You missed my point a bit. The new place is fine. Especially for the foo foo version adulterated with fruit, chocolate or whatever.
But why couldn't they still have the original cinnamon bread at Sullivan's Mill for those who would like to start their day with a cinnamon bread, and cup of coffee.
BTW, "coffee" opens another can of worms. Starbucks! YUK!!!!

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 12:07:04 PM »
Because, like what was said in the thread before, it would still be unmanageable at the old Sullivans Mill, even with the other store located by MRF. They weren't missing your original point, they answered it, you just skimmed over it.

RJW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 10:02:00 PM »
Simply put, nonsense!

I have been a season pass holder for 30 years. As long as I can remember they have "managed" the cinnamon rolls just fine at Sullivan's Mill.
I'm not saying have all the foo foo "speciality" flavors. Just the original like we watched Frank, the baker, make for many, many years.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 10:57:34 AM by RJW »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 10:54:27 AM »
Simply put, nonsense!

I have been a season pass holder for 30 years. A long as I can remember they have "managed" the cinnamon rolls just fine at Sullivan's Mill.
I'm not saying have all the foo foo "speciality" flavors. Just the original like we watched Frank, the baker, make for many, many years.

Yes!  I agree with you!

SterlingSilver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 09:19:11 AM »
i just don’t think it’s an incredible inconvenience to relocate the cinnamon bread as a whole— even if the mill isn’t ever ‘’’unmanageable’’’ it’s probably just more convenient to have two different places so neither gets too crowded, especially in times like these. and, sure, you have to walk like all the way across the park to get there, but if you’re not in a hurry to ride as many rides as you can at sdc (and i assume most on this forum aren’t the type) it’s not the end of the world to make the journey.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 02:02:26 PM »
It used to be a lot better when it was made fresh versus carting it frozen off the Cisco truck like they do now.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 05:51:27 PM »
I don't care about the bread.  I just want to see the mill presented and demonstrated as a mill.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 06:01:51 PM »
I don't care about the bread.  I just want to see the mill presented and demonstrated as a mill.

I have not been in the new lpace but is this true?  are they no longer making the bread?

RJW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 11:25:53 PM »
i just don’t think it’s an incredible inconvenience to relocate the cinnamon bread as a whole
It is very inconvenient if you want to start out your day with a cup of coffee, and some cinnamon bread! To visit the shops, enjoy the music at the gazebo then continue your way through the rest of the park you would either have to wait until you get all the way to the new location down the hills in the bottom. Or go all the way there, then back up the hill to the town square again!
Very inconvenient!

RJW

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2020, 11:34:32 PM »
I have not been in the new lpace but is this true?  are they no longer making the bread?
I don't think they have been actually mixing the dough, and doing all the baking even in Sullivan's Mill for a while now. I think it has been pre made, and just baked there. Not like to old days watching Frank doing all the baking.
Still, a thousand percent better than the dry, tasteless cinnamon rolls at Eve & Delilah's Bakery at the entrance. Their stuff tastes like some cheap plastic wrapped roll from a convience store! Maybe even dryer, and more tasteless!

pintrader

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 07:51:42 AM »
Still, a thousand percent better than the dry, tasteless cinnamon rolls at Eve & Delilah's Bakery at the entrance. Their stuff tastes like some cheap plastic wrapped roll from a convience store! Maybe even dryer, and more tasteless!

To each their own I guess....but I think they are a lot better than store bought.  We always ask if they can nuke it for a few seconds and it bounces back pretty good.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 02:43:53 PM »
I don't think they have been actually mixing the dough, and doing all the baking even in Sullivan's Mill for a while now. I think it has been pre made, and just baked there. Not like to old days watching Frank doing all the baking.

Bought the cinnamon rolls 1 time and threw them away before we finished. I thought they might have just bought them from a grocery store or Costco and resold them.
The cinnamon bread has gone downhill too since they quit making it from scratch.