Author Topic: 2020 Restaurant or Show Reviews  (Read 2348 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
2020 Restaurant or Show Reviews
« on: June 29, 2020, 01:44:43 PM »
I was in town this weekend, went down friday and came home Sunday..  Main reason was to go see some of my favorite shows that have been shut down for 4 months, and eat and some of our favorites spots.. 

OH!! YES!!  and to just get out of the house and out of the state!!

Arrived Friday lat afternoon,   
Stopped in At Choices Concert Hall for what is probably the best Cheeseburger in Town.. They open at 4 on Wed-Sat, have all kinds of Varied Live entertainment, along with a full Kitchen and a Full Bar, Topped off with the LArgest Dance Floor in Branson... If you want more info check them out on FB at Choices Concert Hall

Friday Night went to see Grand Jubilee With Mike Patrick and his Bunch at Grand Country Complex always a good show,, and the only show in town that is almost all new Every year,,  He had good music, Good jokes, Probably the best band in town and they are all good people.. 

Saturday morning took a cruise checking out new and old locations.... 
Old ramada is down to the ground and nothing going on there yet..
Wonderworks building looks good all finished up, and had a waiting line of people at opening
The Aquaraium doesnt appear that it will open anytime soon.. Lots going on there, but progress is hard to see.
The zipline on 165 at the Runaway coaster appears to be complete, But saw no one on it, people riding the coaster, just nobody ziplining.

Lunch at the Cheeky Monkee,  Hands down the best Pulled Pork Sammich in town, it is a bar, south on 165 down past Fall Creek area.  Cold Brews, Good Sammich.. Love that place!

Sat afternnon went to see Comedy JAmboree at Grand Country Resort, yep another Mike Patrick production, he has a great crew, they have good music, good laughs, just an overall good show..

Afterwards we headed to Branson Center Stage but couldnt get there because of the stupid "peaceful" protest these guys are doing now..  serious BS going on there!!   
ANYWAY!!! 
Supper?
lets see,   
OK,  BAck to Choice Concert Hall, they have a House BAnd called ""What 4"".  these guys are several of the local entertainers and good in their field,   Funny Funny show,  Great music, always people in the crowd that come up and sing.  Just a "good ole boys (and Gals) SHow..  Every Sat at 5 in the afternoon, had French Dip Sammich for supper.. YUMM!!!
SAt Night..??  Show....  LMAO!!  you know where I went..  The HAygoods, Cant say enough about those guys and gal..  After 4 months off.  they have Almost completely redone the show.. new lights, new Pyro, New Mountian Dancing routine.  They just were off the wall!!   Amazing as always..  After show, we set out back talk to the 'Goods in the parking lot, couple of drinks, some snacks, good conversation... finally gave up about 1:30 in the morning..

Great weekend.   got to see lots of friends that i havent seen since Feb or before.. 

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: 2020 Restaurant or Show Reviews
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 05:29:24 PM »
SAt Night..??  Show....  LMAO!!  you know where I went..  The HAygoods, Cant say enough about those guys and gal..  After 4 months off.  they have Almost completely redone the show.. new lights, new Pyro, New Mountian Dancing routine.  They just were off the wall!!   Amazing as always..  After show, we set out back talk to the 'Goods in the parking lot, couple of drinks, some snacks, good conversation... finally gave up about 1:30 in the morning..

Are you one of their Patreon subscribers?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 06:32:59 PM »

No we are not..   Are you? Is it worth the joining up for?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 07:17:46 PM »

No we are not..   Are you? Is it worth the joining up for?

We can't spare the extra change to join.  I saw that you spent some quality face time with the 'Goods, and a private meet-and-greet is part of the $20/month package:  https://www.patreon.com/thehaygoods.  We've followed the Haygoods since the early days at SDC, and we love the energy and quality of their work.  We try to catch the local-audience shows.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating