Author Topic: ROLL CALL: When you going to the park?  (Read 21823 times)

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL CALL: When you going to the park?
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2020, 03:47:39 PM »
Does anyone know the process?  It doesn't look like we'll make it this year.

pintrader

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2020, 11:49:50 AM »
Thanks, Pintrader.  Now, I need to remember which phone number we used . . . .

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »

Thank you!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2020, 11:07:52 AM »

I will be using this as well.  I wonder the number of folks that will be rolling the pass, I bet the number is significant.  What will the SP offers be for next year?  Might it be advantageous to get the cash back then purchase next years deal?  They could make a better offer to try to increase the numbers and recoup some of this years loss.

pintrader

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2020, 11:40:14 AM »

I will be using this as well.  I wonder the number of folks that will be rolling the pass, I bet the number is significant.  What will the SP offers be for next year?  Might it be advantageous to get the cash back then purchase next years deal?  They could make a better offer to try to increase the numbers and recoup some of this years loss.

I would also think there have been quite a few rollovers and refunds that have been asked for, it just makes sense.  I would imagine if you ask for a rollover you will get the same vouchers and offers someone buying a brand new pass would get.  Since nothing was used I don't think they would want to cause a stink and give new purchases a better deal.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2020, 09:17:08 PM »
I would imagine if you ask for a rollover you will get the same vouchers and offers someone buying a brand new pass would get.  Since nothing was used I don't think they would want to cause a stink and give new purchases a better deal.

They had already said that they will be rolling them over to the best ticket/voucher offer for next season.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2020, 09:41:38 AM »
Any recent trip reports?  We are thinking of going next weekend (friday or Saturday).  Is either day better?  Are they still mandating masks?  What things are closed?  Grandfather's mansion?  My kids were wondering about the ball area of Fireman's landing.  We are still debating whether to roll over our season pass or go.  Thanks for any input.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2020, 03:27:25 PM »
Grandfather's Mansion, Silos, Half Dollar Treehouses, & Playhouse ball rooms are closed.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »
Any recent trip reports?  We are thinking of going next weekend (friday or Saturday).  Is either day better?  Are they still mandating masks?  What things are closed?  Grandfather's mansion?  My kids were wondering about the ball area of Fireman's landing.  We are still debating whether to roll over our season pass or go.  Thanks for any input.

I went the Friday of Labor Day weekend. Unfortunately Grandfather's Mansion and the children play areas are still closed. They are still requiring masks and doing temperature checks on your way in. It wasn't very crowded at all, obviously due to capacity limitations. Friday would probably be the better day because anyone coming into town will go on Saturday. Wearing a mask all day when I visited wasn't an issue at all. They are definitely being very vocal about wearing them, and wearing them properly. Unlike many here I am in favor of wearing masks and social distancing. Didn't affect my enjoyment of the park at all. This is the world we live in right now, might as well make the best of it.

Rode most of the rides including MRF. MRF was pretty fun and a good replacement for LROTO I think. It does spin a lot faster and bang into the walls more than LROTO did but not in a bad way. I walked on to the front row of OR, which was my first time being in that position. And I was actually one of four total people on that train. They are sanitizing the trains on OR, PK, WF, TNT, and TT every few ride cycles. Not sure about how they're handling that on FM, FitH, train, or GE rides as I either didn't go on them or didn't witness it. Didn't create much of a hassle, and you get a squirt of hand sanitizer on every ride. So basically if you're not fond of how the world is right now (masks, distancing, etc) then you may not have an enjoyable experience.

Oh, ate at the new Smokehouse as well. Prices and portions are on par with before. Side choices have changed a little but its not a big thing. Had the brisket. Pretty good, got a little more fat on mine than I was expecting but didn't ruin the meal.

Overall I think SDC has handled the current conditions quite well and still creates a fun experience. Gonna go back next week when I'm taking time of work, weather is looking promising.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 01:32:45 PM »
Anyone know if SDC allows neck gaiters?  Or is like Disney and must be 2 ply mask? 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 01:54:15 PM »
I finally made it down this weekend with my GF. We had a fine time and made it on all the rides. It was a bit annoying the way they only fill half of each train essentially. I feel like that is overkill after waiting in cramped lines and passing close to people all day. I know everyone is supposed to be social distancing, but it's hard to do in practice with so many people so it becomes performative when it is actually enforced. The masks weren't much of a bother in the cooler weather.

The constant hand sanitizing was interesting. Literally every ride they squirt some on your hands. Sucks if you have a paper cut!

^We saw a number of gaiters on both employees and guests. Basically, they just want something on your face.

RedDirt

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2020, 12:14:27 PM »
As a pre-teen my first visit to SDC occurred in 1970.  Going forward from that initial visit, I can count upon one hand the years I have failed to make the yearly trek . My wife and I currently hold and have held season passes for several years. Due to covid-19 circumstances we have visited the park but once this year with no accompanying guest.

When attempting to make online reservations for Oct 17th my “Bonus Guest Voucher” was refused. After being advised “the voucher is not honored on Saturday during the month of October,” I was overwhelmed feeling as if betrayed by a trusted old friend of many years.

This was to be my 9yr old grandsons’ weekend free from home school, and urban life. Free from exclusion of his non-excitant state fair. Free to astride SDC rides until his heart content. It is saddening the highly touted free “Bonus Guest Voucher” comes with not only a monetary Saturday cost but a Silver Dollar City moral compass cost as well.

I will attempt to find another workable date however as any grandparent knows, coordinating dates with active grandchildren of active parents, can be most unsettling……… similar to but not equally as unsettling experienced when betrayed by a trusted old friend of many years.

jericho

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2020, 04:34:57 PM »
I was able to go on this past Friday (Sept 18).  The weather was great and the crowds were light.  The longest line was for Time Traveler (over an hour) but totally worth it!  Had to wear my mask all day but it wasn't totally bad. (I suggest neck gaiter) All the kids play places were closed including Grandfather's mansion but my kids are at just the right age where they love riding the rides instead.  My 7 year old son is just tall enough to get on Powder Keg and Outlaw Run.  It was his first time on both and he is a major coaster enthusiast now.  We rode Outlaw Run about 8 times.  There was no line.  In fact I think Outlaw Run and Giant Barn Swing really get passed over by a lot of people being in the location they are.  Those 2 rides were dead even in the peak of the midday.  Another thing some may not be aware of and I haven't seen it posted here is that the cave is closed.  Makes sense being in a confined space.  Mystic River Falls was also closed half the day due to a technical problem.  I put off riding it the 1st part of the day and then never had a chance later.  All in all it was a fun day and the low crowds are kind of nice.  If you care more about rides than shows, this is the time to go to SDC. 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:37:21 PM by jericho »

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2020, 08:22:12 PM »
I was able to go on this past Friday (Sept 18).  The weather was great and the crowds were light.  The longest line was for Time Traveler (over an hour) but totally worth it!  Had to wear my mask all day but it wasn't totally bad. (I suggest neck gaiter) All the kids play places were closed including Grandfather's mansion but my kids are at just the right age where they love riding the rides instead.  My 7 year old son is just tall enough to get on Powder Keg and Outlaw Run.  It was his first time on both and he is a major coaster enthusiast now.  We rode Outlaw Run about 8 times.  There was no line.  In fact I think Outlaw Run and Giant Barn Swing really get passed over by a lot of people being in the location they are.  Those 2 rides were dead even in the peak of the midday.  Another thing some may not be aware of and I haven't seen it posted here is that the cave is closed.  Makes sense being in a confined space.  Mystic River Falls was also closed half the day due to a technical problem.  I put off riding it the 1st part of the day and then never had a chance later.  All in all it was a fun day and the low crowds are kind of nice.  If you care more about rides than shows, this is the time to go to SDC.

I was there on Friday as well. I was actually in the last boat sent out on MRF before it got shut down. Technical issues with the lift again. I was lucky enough to not be in the boat that got stuck at the top. Had to be "evacuated" (their term). Got a nice tour of the backstage area of MRF. Two or three boats before I got on they sent an employee out to do a check on the ride. He came back just about the time I slid out of the station. I always get nervous when I see an employee going out. Guess my gut was right lol. I feel this is life TT again, having to shut the ride down almost daily because they don't quite have all the kinks worked out.