Author Topic: Bringing Something Back from SDC's Past  (Read 8044 times)

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
Re: Bringing Something Back from SDC's Past
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 08:59:06 PM »
Please forgive me if I've come off too strong with my comments. I'm not really the "Bitter Old Guy".  After 40 + years in the theme park industry, It can be disheartening to see the things you love die from lack of interest. Society is changing faster than the first drop on Outlaw Run, and there is little time to react much less stop and look backward. Being a realist is what I learned from Jack and his son Bruce. They don't get overly sentimental over what has been. That doesn't mean you don't honor it and think back with fond remembrance, but the reality is that people react differently as society has opened up more possibilities for them. Whether good or bad, it just is. The challenge is to learn how to present something that will touch an emotional button that will cause them to put down their phones and really take in something new around them. SDC sill has this power and I'm doing what I can to help. I know you all are too, in whatever way you can. You can't bring back that magic from the past, but you can help guide the magic that is now. O. K. I'm getting off my soapbox now....(he shuffles off mumbling to himself....)
"Loved on Four Contenents!"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2020, 09:49:37 AM »
^ I sent SDC a message asking them to put the street show times on the app.  That way more people would know that there is something scheduled that they may want to see.  It would help me remember to go to Main Street at the scheduled time.  Thanks for the suggestion Old Guy!
I'm Your Huckleberry

jstein4507

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2020, 01:10:47 PM »
Tom Sawyers Landing.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 07:50:13 PM »
The theme. Not the fake stuff we are seeing.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 01:19:40 PM »
The theme. Not the fake stuff we are seeing.

And what exactly IS the theme of the park?
SWOOSH

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 11:44:06 PM »
I worked at the float trip in 1979. It was really a great ride. Family friendly, gentle, funny at times. Loved being surrounded by nature. It would be nice if they could bring it back in some fashion. I remember years ago someone had the idea of a theme of Bigfoot, and called their ride "The Creature on the Creek." I think that would be cool!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"