Author Topic: Best Park for Kids over 42" but under 48"  (Read 4958 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Best Park for Kids over 42" but under 48"
« on: November 04, 2019, 12:33:49 PM »
My son and I are going on a theme park trip next spring and are looking for park suggestions. He will be almost 5 and over 42" but won't be quite 48" yet. He loves roller coasters; his favorite is PowderKeg. Anywhere in the US is doable. We will probably do 4 days total; travel>park>park>travel. We aren't really looking at Disney/Universal as we do/will do those as full family trips. Thanks for any suggestions!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Best Park for Kids over 42" but under 48"
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 01:14:01 PM »
That's a head scratcher. Most parks with many coasters obviously feature larger coasters with higher height restrictions. PK has always been pretty unique for its low height restriction. Always made me wonder how S&S hasn't sold more of those things since you'd think demand would be so high for this range.

Off the top of my head Legoland comes to mind. Also maybe Mall of America/Valleyfair?

ThemeParkFan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 06:07:50 PM »
Unfortunately there just aren't good options outside of Southern California and Florida.

At Dollywood he could do Blazing Fury, their new Dragonflier suspended coaster, the kiddie coaster, and Firechaser Express. That's probably about the most accommodating you're going to find unfortunately.

Personally I would postpone the trip until he's 48 inches or bite the bullet and head to Orlando or SoCal.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 06:10:19 PM by ThemeParkFan »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 06:54:30 PM »
Pennsylvania would be the best place to go. 
-Idlewild
-Kennywood
-Waldameer
-Dutch Wonderland
-Sesame Place
-Knoebel’s

all of them cater to that height range
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 09:29:04 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm leaning towards doing Dollywood. We haven't been there and I think that he would really like the rides that he can do there. It is a really tough age/height combo. He has always been tall for his age. He rode Fire in the Hole a few months before he turned 2 and PowderKeg a few months before he turned 4. That to say, he has always loved rides and doesn't seem to be scared of anything. We have been to SDC over 15 times so far this season with his main request being to ride PowderKeg in the dark.

We will be doing a yearly father/son trip to a different theme park and this one just happens to be in the weird height range. Our family is doing Disneyland in December so that is why Disney isn't really an option for this first trip.

If anyone has any additional suggestions please post as we won't be booking until early next year.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 10:58:10 AM »
Dollywood it is! They have the same free season pass for kids born in 2015/2016 like SDC is doing this year.

OctoSquishy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 10:59:09 PM »
Not much of a help -- but this is one reason why I loved Celebration City. It had all the rides to satisfy that height/age range area. Along with an Arcade. <3

kuldeep

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 04:41:29 AM »
This year i planned to go trip with my family on this summer. Due to Covid 19 i cancel all my trips. Veryy Sadd. Suggest me one best park friends i plan for the next year