Author Topic: What's going on in NWA, 2019  (Read 19012 times)

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in NWA, 2019
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2019, 08:40:07 PM »
I took my first non-business flight out of XNA recently.  Good old Allegent.  Good price and terrible flight experiences have been common with them in my 3-4 flight experiences and out of XNA is no exception.  Had and arguement about a carryon bags and both our flight to Stanford and from where both delayed:(  I ended up regretting saving the few bucks I did by taking the airline....Would have been less hassle to pay a bit more....have better flight time options (had late and early flights) and better service.  Of course remember with these flights...seat selection and bags are upcharges that quickly can make those great prices disappear.

I've got HS friends in Denver and I was excited to see Frontier come.  We have flown them before from Tulsa.  Not much better than Allegant but excited about trying them out.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
I took my first non-business flight out of XNA recently.  Good old Allegent.  Good price and terrible flight experiences have been common with them in my 3-4 flight experiences and out of XNA is no exception.  Had and arguement about a carryon bags and both our flight to Stanford and from where both delayed:(  I ended up regretting saving the few bucks I did by taking the airline....Would have been less hassle to pay a bit more....have better flight time options (had late and early flights) and better service.  Of course remember with these flights...seat selection and bags are upcharges that quickly can make those great prices disappear.

I've got HS friends in Denver and I was excited to see Frontier come.  We have flown them before from Tulsa.  Not much better than Allegant but excited about trying them out.

It is wierd, some seem to never have issues with them. Anyhoo, Allegiant is bringing back Nashville starting in Feb, some periods have them flying to Destin near daily. Traddic has boomed and this is BEFORE Frontier started XNA
More great news! June represents another record month for XNA with 91,305 passenger enplanements compared to 78,912 in June of 2018 - a 15% increase. Cumulative passenger enplanements also up 15% from the same period last year (434,232 up from 376,791). We want to thank everyone who has chosen to fly XNA and the continued support from all of our community partners./quote]
SOmeone told me that Southwest backed out due to their issues with the MAX but wouldn't have if they had come to an agreement with the FBO before the issue came up.

Either way, they were on the verge of coming and two events conspired to stop it.

That is all hearsay.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »
Southwest would be amazing!!!!  Maybe could afford a trip to Hawaii for the whole family.

Allegiant cancelled a return trip from Vegas last year about 12 hours before boarding due to mechanical issues.....they offered to pay for another night but we had to get back to pick up a kid from camp.  We ended up renting a car and driving to LAX to catch another flight back that day.  That was through Tulsa.

On the FL trip they charged all my kids for carryon bags ($50 each) that I would have considered personal items in bags that they didn't charge me for on our Vegas trip.....plus.....they were 3 hours behind leaving XNA which put us into the hotel in Orlando at 3am:( 

Took my about 10 tries over 3 days and 3-4 hours worth of waiting on hold before I found anyone to actually pick up the phone for customer support.  I'll at least give the credit for waiving the bags fees cause of the delays and believe it or not....they applied a small credit from the Vegas trip issue.  I had a voucher that they never contacted me about.  All that being said....Its going to be hard to use them again in less it's just me traveling light and my schedule is pretty open.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2019, 10:56:10 PM »
Southwest would be amazing!!!!  Maybe could afford a trip to Hawaii for the whole family.

Allegiant cancelled a return trip from Vegas last year about 12 hours before boarding due to mechanical issues.....they offered to pay for another night but we had to get back to pick up a kid from camp.  We ended up renting a car and driving to LAX to catch another flight back that day.  That was through Tulsa.

On the FL trip they charged all my kids for carryon bags ($50 each) that I would have considered personal items in bags that they didn't charge me for on our Vegas trip.....plus.....they were 3 hours behind leaving XNA which put us into the hotel in Orlando at 3am:( 

Took my about 10 tries over 3 days and 3-4 hours worth of waiting on hold before I found anyone to actually pick up the phone for customer support.  I'll at least give the credit for waiving the bags fees cause of the delays and believe it or not....they applied a small credit from the Vegas trip issue.  I had a voucher that they never contacted me about.  All that being said....Its going to be hard to use them again in less it's just me traveling light and my schedule is pretty open.

We had two very smooth flights on easyJet in Europe. We paid extra for assigned seating and quick boarding that assures your normal sized carry on isn't gate checked  and it had.no.weight limit either. With all of.that, both flights were still under 250 for 4 of us.. Same with Ryanair, we got their priority plus via the website(not availible on app) It got us each a checked bag, one carry on and personal item (8x10x6) Was still only 220.bucks for 4. Their ULLC carriers are superior to ours. You still have to play the game but we had no issues.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 20, 2019, 11:31:47 AM »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile