Author Topic: 2020 Season Passes  (Read 14134 times)

dc_mpa

• View Profile
Re: 2020 Season Passes
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2019, 09:54:59 PM »
Same as previously mentioned. Too many unfavorable changes for us. After 36 years, we won’t be buying season passes and doubtful we’ll go to the park at all next year. Spending our money elsewhere and looking forward to it.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 10:25:56 PM »
Any idea what the Jubilee Homecoming is?  Looks like they shortened Bluegrass & BBQ for it.

We only get the one-park pass for SDC and usually go 3-6 times a year.  Still the best bang for the buck in my mind.  The BAF's are nice along with the coupons they send out throughout the year.   I'm not blind to the fact that costs go up and it won't affect me purchasing SPs.

Much like they did for the 50th, they’re having a huge concert celebration event in Echo Hollow with many famous names in attendance

When you say famous do you mean famous now, or famous 30 to 40 years ago ? The 50th was a aluminum walker cast of entertainers.

To each his own.  Just because you are not a fan of who(m) they chose does not diminish the fact that they are famous
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 03:12:26 PM »
Any idea what the Jubilee Homecoming is?  Looks like they shortened Bluegrass & BBQ for it.

We only get the one-park pass for SDC and usually go 3-6 times a year.  Still the best bang for the buck in my mind.  The BAF's are nice along with the coupons they send out throughout the year.   I'm not blind to the fact that costs go up and it won't affect me purchasing SPs.

Much like they did for the 50th, they’re having a huge concert celebration event in Echo Hollow with many famous names in attendance

When you say famous do you mean famous now, or famous 30 to 40 years ago ? The 50th was a aluminum walker cast of entertainers.

To each his own.  Just because you are not a fan of who(m) they chose does not diminish the fact that they are famous

Yes, To each his own but a 50th and 60th is a pretty big deal. Here is hoping they get someone relevant and do not go cheap. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 03:33:46 PM »
Yes, To each his own but a 50th and 60th is a pretty big deal. Here is hoping they get someone relevant and do not go cheap. 

Yes it is a very big deal.! 
 Kind of surprised we have not heard much hype about it...   
LOL. 
You know, not counting Mystic Falls,, New Riverfront area, New Rib House, New Concerts and that stuff!!!

ThemeParkFan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 06:37:40 PM »
As of now, I'm planning on renewing. I still love the park and feel like I get enough value out of it to make it worth the drive from the Chicago area. $100 isn't terrible at all for what you're getting, IMO.

That said, $100 for White Water is obscene.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2019, 06:51:51 PM »
Here is hoping they get someone relevant and do not go cheap.

I think you’re missing the point.  Those that appeared at the 50th all had connections to the park and/or the Herschends.  They didn’t just pick random acts. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 01:33:23 PM »
Well....attendance has been through the roof the past two years....should not be a surprise that they can raise prices and lower the benefits.  Supply and Demand.  It's still a fair price....arguably better value that the big chains considering the free parking.

I'm one the weirdos that think raising the prices and limiting the free passes will help improve the park experience.  Especially on crowded days.  Won't be long before single day tickets start being variable priced based on demand like that are at the destination parks.  Busy Saturdays being the highest with school in session weekdays being the lowest.

Unless you lived in the immediate Branson area....I have no idea why anyone would buy a WW season pass.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 01:18:28 PM by HumphreyHawk »
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2019, 05:25:57 PM »
I wished they would do a SDC/Dollywood Super Pass or simply enable the pass to give you admission to all their parks like how Cedar Fair & Six Flags does. I know Hershend is a smaller chain but still. I think changing the $160 SDC/WW pass to make it an all park nationwide pass would be fair and it would help them to stay competitive.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 05:31:01 PM by sdcfan88 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 06:40:04 AM »
Unless I lived in the immediate Branson area....I have not idea why anyone would buy a WW season pass.

I used to buy 2 park passes only because the BAf package had better dates and there were extras..   With the BAF The 2 park pass also gets you on ALL Showboat cruises for a discount price, (or used to anyway)..   
I Havent bought the the 2 park pass for a couple of years now, showboat shows changed up and I lost interest..  Too bad though, I used love the everything about dinner/show/cruise, but the show is just not what it used to be.

Buddyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2019, 09:49:26 AM »
 To be honest  passes are too much  108.00 person plus taxes and fees  :'(

pintrader

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2019, 11:00:49 AM »

Oh I don't know!   If you consider all the great entertainment throughout the year, the new rides built, the upkeep of the old rides while making the park look great,  and paying employees.  That really isn't too bad, plus a lot more overhead that you could add.  I would hate to see just their electric bill that has to be paid.  They still make a lot of money but everything increases in price, so my advice would be just make a lot of trips and get your money's worth.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 11:21:25 AM »
It helps to use the payment system. 9 payments of $12 is easy to budget for vs. taking the hit on one month. As a point of comparison, I've paid $8 a month to Six Flags this year for a yearly "membership". Of course, the SF membership gets you into every single park...

There was a survey floating around a little while ago where they were testing the waters for things they could add on to make the season passes more worthwhile. I expect to see some kind of multi-property HFEC membership option come around sometime. Probably a lot of branson discounts, plus the ability to go to other HFEC properties like Talking Rocks or maybe even DW/WA?

Buddyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »

I understand  that they have make money.  Older people  may not come   Because high price .  I think they are lose their charm.   

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2019, 01:55:01 PM »

I understand  that they have make money.  Older people  may not come   Because high price .  I think they are lose their charm.

"losing the charm" for the old people?  I'm not saying they are ignoring the older visitors.....but the money is making sure the park has something for the whole family.   So the whole family comes.

Attendance is showing that they can raise prices...they do it most every year and the park keeps stuffing us all in it.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2019, 03:44:56 PM »

"losing the charm" for the old people?  I'm not saying they are ignoring the older visitors.....but the money is making sure the park has something for the whole family.   So the whole family comes.

Attendance is showing that they can raise prices...they do it most every year and the park keeps stuffing us all in it.

Actually, The passes are a bargain for what you get. For me though it is , am I going to make a 5 hour trip each way several times per year anymore to experience the same things ? probably not,Ill be going 1 time per year and saving up for new experiences.Theme parks are growing old for me.