Author Topic: Six Flags in a bid to merge with Cedar Fair  (Read 10565 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Six Flags in a bid to merge with Cedar Fair
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2019, 09:13:34 PM »
There's definitely been some great things happening at WOF for those who pay attention. Really want a new star attraction there, but it's good that they have been getting some important work done fixing up the place.

I don't know if WOF would do as good or better under SF ownership, but they probably wouldn't be worse. SF has put a lot of effort into basic park maintenance the last few years (well, in most cases). I don't think there's a huge amount of difference to how SF and CF run their parks (feel free to disagree). The real issue is keeping enough competition in the marketplace so that they still have to push the envelope with new attractions. Then again, they already have to compete with everything else grabbing for people's attention, so maybe it isn't that big of a deal who owns the parks anyway.

I was thinking more about MiA and even Valleyfair when I made that comment. Those parks don't get a ton of investment most years anyway. SF would want them to expand their footprint. CF just kind of keeps them around to give the company more critical mass. I could see a deal eventually developing where SF takes the route of buying a couple smaller CF parks to continue spreading their reach while CF uses the money to invest into turning their core properties into bigger giant resorts. Who knows at this point though. They might completely change strategies again in a couple years.