Author Topic: Six Flags Hotels?  (Read 3909 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Six Flags Hotels?
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:21:18 AM »
I received a survey from Six Flags asking quite a bit about lodging, where I would stay, why we stayed there, etc. when going on vacation that included a theme park. Then they asked if a "Six Flags" hotel (that was within walking distance to the front gate of the park) would be of interest to me if the cost was $199/night. My answer was no because I could get a much better deal somewhere else.

Then they asked me if I thought $199/night would be a good deal with the following options:
1. Lunch and Dinner included in the park
2. 5 - front of the line passes
3. Front of the line passes for all of the big attractions.

So maybe, Six Flags will be entering the "resort" type market soon?

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Six Flags Hotels?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 11:09:28 AM »
LOL..   
199.00.?    Per night?
Have to take more freebies than that... :

Obviously I am not in the Demographic group they are trying to appeal too... ::)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 12:07:34 PM »
I’m sure the service will be as amazing as their food services in their parks.  Second to none
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 01:31:13 PM »
$199 a night with those extras might actually make me think about it.
When we go, we have to take at least one night because of the drive distance (and because we're getting old.  lol)  We typically spend $80-110/ night to stay about a 15 minute drive away.  So I'd be looking at whether or not those extras would be worth an extra hundred dollars or not.

Lunch and Dinner?  lets say for 2 people at $15-$20/ meal in park- that's $60-$80 there.  And honestly, you can dog their food, but the BBQ and food at Macho Nacho are both pretty good, and we'll eat at those on a regular basis.  Johnny Rockets isn't bad either.  That would be enough to likely convince me to stay all day at the park and eat both meals there rather than leave early and eat a fast food dinner on the way home.

While I go on days that front of the line passes aren't generally needed, if it's busier that's also a pretty nice perk.  And 5 of them works out well.

If they had a perk package like that, I would seriously consider it.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
It sounds good to me. This would help position them back into families on vacation vs. baby sitting teens.

I'm just surprised Frontier City was mentioned in one of the surveys. That's definitely not a place you hang out at for longer than a few hours in its current form. There are some hotels that could be bought out right next to their property though...

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 08:19:09 AM »
Frontier City owns a old hotel right next to their parking lot . It’s used for storage and in so disrepair. The company that owns the property. EPR out of Kansas City has the money to renovate the hotel for Six Flags. EPR is the largest entertainment company behind Disney. Bringing Six Flags on to mange this park I see big things happening at Frontier City. Oklahoma City a different City then it was 10-20 years ago. The Maps program changed the Metro that it has now become a destination city. Major cities across the nation have taken notice. The city once again a boom town. I feel EPR and Six Flags will bring this park back to a park people will want to visit. They definitely want to make it compliment nearby regional parks Six Flags Over Texas, Silver Dollar City and Worlds of Fun.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 02:34:12 PM »
I'm sitting in my room at Hotel Ling Bao at Phantasialand posting this response. I paid a little over 400 bucks, a Sunday night special, that included tickets for two days and  a breakfast buffet that I can't write about till this time tommorrow. It also came with 4 skip the line tickets(one for each of us) and one hour of ride time on Taron and Raik for hotel guests only after the park closes.  That got us two rides in the back and 1 in the front on Taron and one back and one front on Raik. The ease of coming and going from the park to the hotel was nice. If I paid what I paid for that, I might be somewhat interested in Six Flags. But...Six Flags is no Phantasialand.

I can say Phantasialand has the best set up when it comes the themeparks that we have stayed at with each of their two hotels giving direct access and inside views of the park. Our stay at Colorado Creek at Port Aventura required a bit of a walk through Hotel El Paso for the theme Park entrance.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 02:44:15 PM by chittlins »