Author Topic: Your Favorite Locally owned Restaurant or Eatery.  (Read 4021 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Your Favorite Locally owned Restaurant or Eatery.
« on: June 10, 2019, 08:54:35 PM »
Lets get this started..
Simple rules... LOL
#1 Local Rest. or Eatery in or near Branson Area.
#2 NO Chain or Franchise business..

Lets start with your favorite for each meal.  Pros and cons..  I know picking one place is hard..  but lets try it and see how it goes...

Breakfast-- Billy Gail's - Hands down!!, problem is almost always a waiting line, so if we go to breakfast usually end up as a group at Grand Country Breakfast Buffet...  Good stuff, very reasonable prices.

Lunch--- Hmm..??  Cheeky Monkey-  Little bar and grill located on so 165- good food, quesadillas, nachos, pulled pork and other assortment of food, NOT your usual Bar food..  Beer is cold, people are friendly, I like the place..   Probably the only Bad thing is they are located out of city limits so smoking is allowed indoors..  doesnt bother me, but I have heard people complaining about that.  Its not bad early in the day, but later on in the evening towards night it gets real bad..

Supper --??   Getn Basted @ the old baldknobbers restaurant. Pros--  Lots of sitting room, Excellent food, big portions, Great fresh made pork rinds, ribs are unequalled, the pulled pork sanich is yummy.  Priced about what you would expect for good smoked food..

Now I have many other places I like to eat in town.. So lets hear it, tell us your favorite place..
Later I will start a thread about where NOT to eat and why...LOL.   but lets be positive first..!

JustGoHogs

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Your Favorite Locally owned Restaurant or Eatery.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:33:05 PM »
Slightly different perspective for me:
Breakfast--I agree Billy Gail's if it's just my wife and me.  2nd choice would be Bradford Inn (yes, they serve breakfast even if you don't stay there) orrrr driving into Branson and going downtown to Farmhouse, Clockers, or Branson Café.

Lunch--we're usually at Silver Dollar City during that part of the day, so it's a matter of what suits us that day.  I'm a huge fan of their pizzas!

Dinner--we both like the food and service at Tequilas near The Shoppes at Branson Meadows.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 06:32:55 AM »
Dinner--we both like the food and service at Tequilas near The Shoppes at Branson Meadows.

I have heard good things about Tequilas, but have yet to try them..
we Used to go to The Hacienda by IMAX alot, but after they moved and built the new building the service and food quality went down drastically.
I will have to give them a try.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 09:41:03 AM »
We finally got a chance to try Gettin' Basted last Friday.  Oh, my!  Great food!  The Burnt Ends melt in your mouth!  Parking is a little dicey with the renovations going on, but we will most certainly go back!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 02:43:47 PM »
Not a big breakfast eater but here goes

Grandma Ruths cinnamon rolls.

Lunch and dinner

Getting Basted or Reeds Spring Pizza Company.  Either one of these is a great choice. A slight nod to Reeds Spring because of the great craft beer selection.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »
Getting Basted or Reeds Spring Pizza Company.  Either one of these is a great choice. A slight nod to Reeds Spring because of the great craft beer selection.

I have never been to Reed Springs Pizza, I hear about it, just have never taken the time to drive up there..  I guess it is time..

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 08:42:42 PM »
I will have to give Tequilas a try.  I still need to try the India Clay Oven place, I assume it is local and not a chain.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 08:46:42 AM »
I agree with all of the above (and have added some new places to my "must try list".  I'll throw my two cents in.

Breakfast - Agree with Billy Gail's and Branson Cafe.

Lunch - Pickin' Porch Grill inside Branson Craft Mall on 165 (we stumbled across this by accident)  I try to sample something different each time and haven't had anything bad yet.  Burgers are real good.

Dinner - Mr G's Chicago Style Pizza downtown.  We love the deep dish.  We've eaten at Tequila's in Branson West and love it.  Didn't see anyone mention Danna's.  I believe they're local.  We love their food.  I'll be trying Gettin' Basted on our next trip.

I'll add a dessert category and mention Cakes N Cream. 

mrcyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 12:37:26 PM »
Breakfast, Billy Gails.  Lunch, Hook and Ladder Pizza in Hollister.  Supper, would have to stay in Hollister at the Keeter Center at the College of the Ozarks.  i dont mind paying for good food and the service is 5 star!