Author Topic: Restaurant recommendations and revues in the Branson Area  (Read 8224 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Restaurant recommendations and revues in the Branson Area
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 10:24:47 AM »
We like Black Oak Grill at the Landing when we want a large lunch -- prices are lower than in the evening -- and lunch prices last until 3 pm. Recommend the meatloaf.

We also like Reeds Spring Pizza. Hungry Hunter out by Table Rock Dam is good for breakfast.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 02:12:15 PM »
! thought,  I ALWAYS order BBQ sauce on the side..  I like my smoked food with NO sauce,  Kind of like a good steak.... If cooked properly shouldnt need any sauce on it... ;D
R

I agree 100% Sandunerider !

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2019, 06:44:00 PM »
Some of my favorite places:

*Reeds Springs Pizza

*I love the BBQ Pork Nachos at the Buzzard Bar at Big Cedar Lodge. Clay Self plays most nights and is talented and funny.

*The Fish House next to the Bass Pro Shop on the landing.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 06:47:43 PM by MCLFLN »

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2019, 06:46:51 PM »
Oh, almost forgot Sugar Leaf Bakery at the Grand Village Shopping Center.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 09:46:34 PM »
As a local in the area there are a few places that I would like to recommend. If you're looking for pizza try Mr Gilberti's in Hollister off of Acacia Club. Small place, easily missed if you're not paying attention, but great Chicago style pizza. Also in Hollister, actually on Downing Street is Little Hacienda for Mexican. I know the one in Branson didn't get a good word earlier in this thread, but that one caters to tourists and is more mass production style. The location in Hollister is much better, great service, good margaritas, and some really good queso. If there are any fans of Indian cuisine here, besides myself, India Clay Oven on 76 across from Walmart is excellent. Go for dinner, the lunch buffet is good, but dinner is so much better, and try the mango lasi if you go. Gettin Basted and Danna's are great BBQ places. Billy Bob's if you're looking for a burger, but make sure to bring cash.  If you're on the Landing, Black Oak is great for lunch or dinner. Waxy O'Shea is a nice little Irish Pub that has music quite often, get the scotch eggs there.

Alright, now that I've made myself hungry again I need to stop  :D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2019, 07:44:57 AM »
Also in Hollister, actually on Downing Street is Little Hacienda for Mexican. I know the one in Branson didn't get a good word earlier in this thread, but that one caters to tourists and is more mass production style. The location in Hollister is much better, great service, good margaritas, and some really good queso. 

Gettin Basted and Danna's are great BBQ places. Billy Bob's if you're looking for a burger, but make sure to bring cash.

Alright, now that I've made myself hungry again I need to stop  :D

Absolutely Agree.  Hacienda in Hollister is good,  I just dont usually drive that far to eat, But for sure is an option since they screwed up the Branson location >:(

Danna is great for BBQ and other food,  Always busy.    Since Gett'n Bast'd opened, they have lots of dining room space, so I havent tried to go back to Danna's, but excellent food.

Billy Bob's !! Of course, new location last year, more room, easy access from 76,  GREAT burgers...!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2019, 10:01:51 AM »
May I also make a late night snack recommendation for any other sweet tooth folks out there.  HURTS Donuts the glazed blueberry strusel covered donut is probably one of the cheapest and best they offer.  Fun to stop in a buy 6 different donuts and bring them back to the room. Monster donuts with lots of filling and toppings. Next to Dick Clark Theater at the light.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 10:06:06 AM by mhguy77 »

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 11:49:22 AM »
May I also make a late night snack recommendation for any other sweet tooth folks out there.  HURTS Donuts the glazed blueberry strusel covered donut is probably one of the cheapest and best they offer.  Fun to stop in a buy 6 different donuts and bring them back to the room. Monster donuts with lots of filling and toppings. Next to Dick Clark Theater at the light.

Late night snack of breakfast. I love just about everything there. My personal favorite is the cosmic brownie donut. I've never been able to eat more than two of theirs in one sitting, so heavy but so good.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2019, 01:28:29 PM »

Havent been there yet, I keep forgetting they are there..  Hear a lot of good things about their donuts.!@!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2019, 06:25:10 PM »
Yep it’s donuts, dessert more than breakfast food