Author Topic: 2019 Daily Attendance  (Read 161391 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Daily Attendance
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2019, 09:55:25 AM »
thursday - 5171 people...  I may have to start going during the week,

When school is in session that place is dead as the chances of the Float Trip coming back.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 17, 2019, 06:24:15 PM »

When school is in session that place is dead as the chances of the Float Trip coming back.

^^^
LOL!!   Funny!!    really..!!..

9200 people today.  nice day

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2019, 09:12:00 PM »
Sunday - - -   5300 people

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2019, 09:43:23 PM »
This summer numbers seem lower than usual.  Does it feel that way in the park?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2019, 11:15:42 AM »
This summer numbers seem lower than usual.  Does it feel that way in the park?

I was wondering the same thing the other day,  numbers just dont seem as high..

it has been hot,  But not real bad for very long.
Several Rain days...  but not all year..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 19, 2019, 01:41:03 PM »
I've not experienced a visit there yet this summer that was as crowded as last year.  But, the lake is crazy!  So many boats and the newest kid on the block - wake boats! My boat used to look fairly good sized in a rental slip, and the last year I rented space it was a minnow.  I now have a long term lease at a marina, and there's a waiting list for those wanting in.  I wonder if there's a migration towards other types of entertainment rather than a theme park.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 19, 2019, 03:15:44 PM »
I've not experienced a visit there yet this summer that was as crowded as last year.  But, the lake is crazy!  So many boats and the newest kid on the block - wake boats! My boat used to look fairly good sized in a rental slip, and the last year I rented space it was a minnow.  I now have a long term lease at a marina, and there's a waiting list for those wanting in.  I wonder if there's a migration towards other types of entertainment rather than a theme park.

NOT if they have any idea what it really cost to own, run and maintain a boat...  LOL

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 19, 2019, 03:36:49 PM »

Personally for me after being a theme park junkie for a long time I am gravitating to other forms of entertainment. Concerts, Trips abroad , National parks, Hiking and the mountains peak my interest more than a manufactured environment. Lots of people in my family who visit SDC several times a year have only been 1 time this year. They are also reevaluating their yearly Christmas trip.  I have not been 1 time this year yet and will probably pass till 2020.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #278 on: August 19, 2019, 04:38:58 PM »
Do you guys think Time Traveler was a bust for SDC for attendance draw? Everytime I go the ride seems to draw a decent crowd even on the slower days.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 19, 2019, 05:51:53 PM »
Personally for me after being a theme park junkie for a long time I am gravitating to other forms of entertainment. Concerts, Trips abroad , National parks, Hiking and the mountains peak my interest more than a manufactured environment. Lots of people in my family who visit SDC several times a year have only been 1 time this year. They are also reevaluating their yearly Christmas trip.  I have not been 1 time this year yet and will probably pass till 2020.

I am doing the same, no trips yet and none planned.  I may purchase a season pass next year again, I will see what is on the schedule.  I think that TT has been a success but I think closing a part of the park is a hard thing for them to overcome.  Disney has mass and with the number of attractions they can get away with this move but SDC maybe no so much.  I am looking forward to the Pumpkin/Halloween festival they are starting this year, I wonder what kind of boost it will give to the numbers.  Halloween is a huge draw for other parks, SDC seems to be trying to keep Halloween out of it but I see by the decor previews it is definitely peeking though. ( Spiders, Black Cats) My bet is they will stop being afraid of it if the money starts rolling in.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 06:30:33 PM by mhguy77 »

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 19, 2019, 07:58:52 PM »
I do know we have not been up there this year near as much as previous years.  If it was not for the new ride next year, there is a good chance I might not buy a SP that year.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 20, 2019, 08:07:29 AM »
We went quite a bit in Spring.  Summer has not been possible because of schedule and funds (a trip costs a great deal more than just the ticket, especially as we have passes).  We're hoping to make it at least three more times this year.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 20, 2019, 08:47:39 AM »

NOT if they have any idea what it really cost to own, run and maintain a boat...  LOL

Yeah, we laugh about that.  Hubs prediction is there will be a glut of boats for sale in a couple years.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 20, 2019, 09:07:05 AM »

Yeah, we laugh about that.  Hubs prediction is there will be a glut of boats for sale in a couple years.

Always is come every recession. That is when I picked up my last boat.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 20, 2019, 09:04:29 PM »
Do you guys think Time Traveler was a bust for SDC for attendance draw? Everytime I go the ride seems to draw a decent crowd even on the slower days.

I used to buy season tickets basically every other year for SDC.  Since TT opened I've only been twice and both times I didn't pay for tickets (bring a friend with another season holder family and as my parents treat for my us). 

I don't think it was TT that caused me/us to stop buying as much as its been my family has wanted to do other things with our money.  We bought Six Flags tix last year and hit up 3 parks with them over 3 different weekend trips through the year.....we did a cruise 2 years ago.....and this year we did a couple Orlando parks and a week on the beach in FL. 
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"