Author Topic: Yakov Smirnoff / Comfort Inn locations  (Read 4106 times)

harrystruman1987

• View Profile
Yakov Smirnoff / Comfort Inn locations
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:46:26 PM »
We were thinking of coming down on Thanksgiving to see Yakov Smirnoff.  I believe his website states he performing during that time, but I am unable to access the website to buy tickets.  Is he still performing during that time?  Also we can’t decide between staying at the Comfort Inn Gretna Road or Comfort Inn Thousand Hills locations- you folks have input on which one to choose?  Thank you all so much for your help; I have been a HUGE fan of this forum for a very long time. I hope I put this post under the right topic. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:48:23 PM by harrystruman1987 »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Yakov Smirnoff / Comfort Inn locations
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:56:07 PM »
Supposedly he is doing shows this fall, but if I try to access the site that sells tickets it appears to be down.  Tickets to the show should be on sale at https://yakov.completeticketing.co

I did however find tickets for sale and dates listed at https://www.branson.com/shows/yakov-famous-russian-comedian/ so perhaps that will help.

he was supposed to make a proposal to Branson City to level his theater and turn the property into a senior housing development, but I haven't seen any follow up as to what happened at the meeting.  https://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/future-of-yakov-smirnoff-s-theatre-up-in-the-air/1418629081
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 08:35:21 PM »
You should be able to get tickets from Michele @ All Access Branson..   417-332-2121,

Also mention this site, and she may be able to help you with your sleeping arrangements...

good luck..

harrystruman1987

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 08:51:38 PM »
Thank you both so very much ! I have been following the story of what is happening with the theater property.  Husband and I were worried that we would not be able to see him perform one last time.   I will definitely use the information you gave me. Thank you both so much ! !

Bogart

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 10:08:28 PM »
Comfort Inn on Gretna is very nice and easy access off the strip.  It consistently wins awards from the national chain.

harrystruman1987

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »
Looks like we are going to stay at the Lodge of the Ozarks. Hubby and I stayed there in May.  Hubby liked the big pool, breakfast, location and the fact they are redoing the place.  New questions- since we are coming down Thanksgiving Day- where to eat Thanksgiving dinner.  Besides Grand County and the Keeters Center where do you good folks recommend? Will the crowds / wait be less if we eat dinner instead of lunch? Thanks for the help. :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 06:50:50 PM »
Looks like we are going to stay at the Lodge of the Ozarks. Hubby and I stayed there in May.  Hubby liked the big pool, breakfast, location and the fact they are redoing the place.  New questions- since we are coming down Thanksgiving Day- where to eat Thanksgiving dinner.  Besides Grand County and the Keeters Center where do you good folks recommend? Will the crowds / wait be less if we eat dinner instead of lunch? Thanks for the help. :)

Well..... not including those 2... 
branson Center Stage will have a feast, (used to be the Rowdy Beaver)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
Branson Center Stage would be my first choice!  I finally gave them a try this summer since they can offer a safe gluten free meal, and it's become my favorite place to eat. On occasion , I see a table get up and leave probably because of slow service, but I haven't really experienced that.  Everything is made from scratch, so it will take a few extra minutes, but , holy cow, everything I've had is great. Thanksgiving menu was talked about at the restaurant last night, so I'm sure you can probably find it online.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »
I thought about trying them last night but may give it a shot tonight.  BTW I am not at the Classic because yesterday was a personal night.  Today I am working so I'm at the Hampton Inn

harrystruman1987

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 07:54:19 PM »
Thank you all so much.  This is our first trip to Branson on a holiday weekend.  I am so excited to be coming down during this time year.