Author Topic: Six Flags St. Louis Typhoon Twister closed  (Read 3451 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Six Flags St. Louis Typhoon Twister closed
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 11:22:53 PM »
Idiot didn’t hold on and fell out.  ProSlides are designed to allow riders to be able to continue down the slide even without a tube safely.  Yeah the idiot might have a bruise but was far from being in danger.  Even the splash pool is only 2’ max.  It’s a non story anywhere else but because of Schlitterbahn’s negligence it’s being blown out of proportion and the slide is being investigated.  I rode it.  It’s safe.  It is even less forceful than Tornado - and people have fallen out of it numerous times without making headlines
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 11:27:26 AM »
yep, thanks to Schlitterbahn, almost anything with a water park is going to be blown out of proportion for a while.  It actually seems like it's an overreaction on the part of the park as well.  Wonder how long "until further notice" will be.  If it's typical it should already be reopened.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 04:21:30 PM »
I rode it yesterday.  Didn't know about any accidents on it.  They make you weigh in at the top and they put me in the 'downhill' position on the raft with my two preteen daughters.  I felt like I was going to fall out backwards the whole ride.  It never felt unsafe but it was a bit scary for me (I've always been nervous on water slides).  It wouldn't have surprised me that if I lost grip on the handle....I'd probably would have lost my balance and be off the ride (I have terrible balance).  I would have done it again but the park closed early due to storms.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"