Author Topic: SDC/Whitewater trip  (Read 3003 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
SDC/Whitewater trip
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:44:39 PM »
This is the first year we have had dual season passes so I have a room booked at the Classic Motor Inn for Saturday.  So how does it usually go as far as crowds at WW?  We have never been and not sure what to except or how to plan.  Here are my 4 scenarios I am imagining.

1. Arrive at SDC as close to opening Saturday morning like we normally do, get our rides in before the crowds get too bad, leave around noon-1pm then head to WW

2. Arrive at SDC Saturday later in the after afternoon after having lunch, say around 2-3, stay till closing, then go to WW Sunday when they open and leave around 2-3Pm to head home

3. Spend both days at WW

4. Arrive at opening at WW on Saturday, spend all day, then arrive at SDC at opening on Sunday and stay till 2-3pm.

So the big questions are, does WW get so busy you can enjoy yourself like SDC does?  In other words, would it be worth while to try option 1?  I assume WW is like SDC in that is would be busier Saturday than Sunday?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: SDC/Whitewater trip
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
I haven’t been to SDC/WW since 2015, but we typically do option one. We would go to SDC in the morning (therefore avoiding heavy traffic) then go to White Water when we were done at SDC or when it got too hot to enjoy the park. Whenever we would go to WW, crowds weren’t that bad, and the only waits that I remember being kind of long were the waits for Ohana Falls (the family slide), and since the park is open until 8 on Saturday (SDC closes at 7) you should have plenty of time. Then, you can spend Sunday morning/early afternoon at whichever of the parks you want more time at. I don’t think you’ll want to spend an entire day at White Water.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 03:39:12 PM »
Thanks for the info. I was really not sure if WW was mad house busy like SDC usually is time of year on a Saturday.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 11:00:40 PM »
I’m not exactly sure what days we went to the park, but we’ve gone several times so I’m sure I’ve been there on a Saturday. Unless crowd levels have increased in the past three years, I think you’ll have plenty of time to do everything at least once before closing if you’re at White Water by 2 or 3, depending on how much time you like to spend in the wave pool/lazy river.

I think going to both parks on Saturday would also be good because then you can decide where you want to spend your time on Sunday.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 11:20:27 AM »
Well part 1 of the plan was a bust. After driving about 2.5 hours then exiting the high road onto 76, it took about an hour to get thru the traffic and get parked in preferred parking. Upon exiting the car and getting about half way up the hill toward the crossing where the trams come thru, the kid begins getting sick right were people are waking thru. We then just headed back to the car where it took another 20 minutes to fight our way out to the exit. So not sure what the crowds are today but does not look pretty. This was arriving just a little after 9:30. I guess we may head to WW in a little bit if the kid is still not sick.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 09:07:43 AM »
That's a real shame when you have plans and illness gets in the way.  "The best laid schemes . . . ."

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 09:06:18 PM »
Well it all worked out in the end.  Ended up at WW by about noon or so, stayed till around 5pm.  The wife and kid liked it, I can take it or leave it.  I can only do WW 1 day in a row for sure.  Went to SDC Sunday till about 1 then they were ready to leave.