Author Topic: Attendance numbers  (Read 107709 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Attendence number....
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2018, 05:20:03 PM »
There's a tornado warned cell heading toward the city, ot's about over Green Forrest Arkansas. Mountainburg AR got hit and cars got blown over on I-49

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »
Sand, I got there about 9:30.  It was light, but filling up fairly quickly. Steady stream of people in Delilah's while we were there for coffee (only place on park that has half and half that I know of). Couldn't get in the Pickers homestead - every seat taken. Illusionist show was 2/3 full and about the same for Harp and Hang.  I left about 2:30.  Hubs just said there were at least double 2400 people there before we left.  Train had a good crowd, but I noticed the cars weren't packed as usual. Most seats were taken on back porch of Culinary School, but too windy for me back there, so we left. 

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2018, 10:25:22 PM »
Won’t be near as pleasant today. Many bus loads of kids out front. Hordes of kids everywhere.

As of 3:00.   6000 people, 

Hope it isnt to bad for you Okiebenz!

It looked like it was going to be bad, but it turned out to be just great. 

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2018, 10:26:51 PM »
WOW!!   as of 4:00 today (friday)....    2400 people....??? :o :o

Okiebenz.... How was it today?

We did not go today, I figured it would be packed, so we just headed back home. I guess we should have hit it a 3rd day.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2018, 01:59:20 PM »
Talked to a couple of people at the city today..(sunday)...   customers not employees,  almost nobody there...

As of noon-- 1300 people..

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2018, 04:35:31 PM »
It did not even feel like that many. I am guessing most left by 2 ish. I sae the saloon show with about 30 other people. I felt horrible for the performers.

It was horrible weather wise though. I have been there in winter and all but that wind today was just biting. And there was no hiding from it. They had pretty mich pulled thenheaters from everyplace so nowhere to go

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2018, 06:08:58 PM »
It did not even feel like that many. I am guessing most left by 2 ish. I sae the saloon show with about 30 other people. I felt horrible for the performers.

It was horrible weather wise though. I have been there in winter and all but that wind today was just biting. And there was no hiding from it. They had pretty mich pulled thenheaters from everyplace so nowhere to go

Todays total........1650 :-\ :-\

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2018, 06:48:24 PM »
Figured it was low like that.  Haven't seen numbers that low in a long time.  As a guest, it was wonderful, though a lot was closed due to the cold.  No big deal.  For the shows it mean center seating near the front with awesome views.  And the shows I did see the performers did great, even with the small crowds.

This time of year the weather being so hit or miss can easily play havok, and it looks like it's doing it again this year.  I remember one year during World Fest when I worked there (might have been 2012 or 2013) we didn't have a decent weather weekend the whole month.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »
Figured it was low like that.  Haven't seen numbers that low in a long time.  As a guest, it was wonderful, though a lot was closed due to the cold.  No big deal.  For the shows it mean center seating near the front with awesome views.  And the shows I did see the performers did great, even with the small crowds.

This time of year the weather being so hit or miss can easily play havok, and it looks like it's doing it again this year.  I remember one year during World Fest when I worked there (might have been 2012 or 2013) we didn't have a decent weather weekend the whole month.

Opening weekend for outlaw run, it was cold and snowing on sunday, wind blowing..I was there, walked through the new area for outlw run and then a quick look around the rest of the park... it was nasty.. no rides open, they cancelled outside shows... by noon there had only been 200 people through the gate.. they started sending employees home by 1...

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2018, 09:36:13 PM »
Makes me wish I was there today.  Instead the starter on my truck decided to die this morning so I got to swap it out in the cold windy weather today. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2018, 08:04:27 AM »
Makes me wish I was there today.  Instead the starter on my truck decided to die this morning so I got to swap it out in the cold windy weather today. 

That sux... I do most of my own wrenching,   so I do understand.... ::)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2018, 02:59:29 PM »
Off to a slow start this week...
Wed the 18th.....
@ 2:00--3800 people

total for the day, only 4100 people.. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 08:02:33 PM by sanddunerider »

HikerDan

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 09:20:30 AM »
Anybody know what a normal attendance total would be for a weekday during WorldFest/Festival of Wonder?  I have absolutely no idea, so there's really nothing for me to compare with the 4,000 through the gate on Wednesday number. It doesn't sound too bad for a Wednesday in April, but maybe SDC is hoping for better numbers this year.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2018, 09:51:15 AM »
The weekend weather has been craptastic and the trend will continue this weekend. Arkansas Baseball is Top 5 and even when we are average a decent weather weekend means 33,000 over three games. It's down this year...the darn weather.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2018, 10:26:59 AM »
Anybody know what a normal attendance total would be for a weekday during WorldFest/Festival of Wonder?  I have absolutely no idea, so there's really nothing for me to compare with the 4,000 through the gate on Wednesday number. It doesn't sound too bad for a Wednesday in April, but maybe SDC is hoping for better numbers this year.

I dont know how the PTB arrive at the "Expected attendence",  But yestarday's  magic number was 7000 people..