General Category > Branson Talk

New Waterpark proposed for Branson area

(1/5) > >>

sanddunerider:
Saw this today on another site,

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_e01cd7bc-e1d0-11e7-bebf-4ffd562cdf45.html

“The project will include an indoor water park resort having 350 guest suites, 100,000 square feet of indoor climate controlled water park, 55,000 square foot of outdoor water park and 30,000 square feet of meeting and conference space,” the overview reads. “Additionally, 215 Ozark Mountain cabins and 75 luxury RV campsites are also included to provide a broad array of lodging options.”

Be interetsing to see how far this project goes? IF at all...

chittlins:
So, basically a Wisconsin Dells, Ohio, Poconos, Great Wolf Lodge, Pigeon Forge style resort in Branson.

It's what the area has been missing outside of the smallest examples that already exists. It would certainly book up during the Christmas and spring break seasons if it's a legit, well run one like Kalahari for example.

sirwillow:
Sounds like it could be a fun, neat addition.  Isn't this the second such one proposed in the last several months?  Or is this the same one that was in the news just a few months back.  Should be interesting to see the artwork when/ if it comes out.

Their location as described sure left me confused though.  It says:
--- Quote ---  According to plans provided Thursday to members of a newly formed TIF commission, the redevelopment site is bounded to the east by Henning State Forest, to the south by Branson’s entertainment strip, to the west by a future four-lane loop highway and Table Rock Lake and to the north by Silver Dollar City.
--- End quote ---

Ummm, what?  76 to the south and SDC to the North?  That doesn't exactly make a lot of sense since SDC is south of 76 and well past where it would be called the entertainment strip.  I'm guessing the highway they are referring to is 265, but not exactly sure.

shavethewhales:
Even bigger than Great Wolf Lodge... GWL Wisconsin Dells is 76,000 feet of water park space, and that's a pretty nice resort with a park to rival WW (not that it's hard to beat WW). This is going to be a big deal if it gets built.

HFEC is probably going to try to sink this project like they always do to keep out competitors, but if there is actual money behind this there's not much they can do. Yet again their conservatism is actually going to cost them. I doubt White Water is doing that well as it is, but this will easily put them under. Plus they loose even more potential for their own resort.

On the bright side though, this could force them to spend more on bringing White Water up to par, draw more people to Branson, and perhaps help nudge the state onward with finishing the highway project. It's about time Branson got some major, serious development again.

Joy:
@sirwillow:

I'm looking at a map, and if the "future 4-lane loop highway" is 465 to the west and the Henning Forest is to the east, I'm thinking the area in question is somewhere near Mutton Hollow?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version