Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148352 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #330 on: July 16, 2019, 12:32:15 PM »

Even more interesting is the massive new parking lot to the north. New employee parking lot? Definitely a lot of land work going on around the area with the new pumpkin area, lot 3 expansion, expansion of the maintenance area, and now that.

it would be about time and long overdue for them to finally put in an employee lot out of the way and not affected by the traffic on 76.  The shuttle can run from that lot right up through M&C and to the back of the park without ever dealing with traffic, signals, etc.  Not sure that's what it is, but it has parking markers and would make sense.

It's possible that it's could be a lot specifically for the M&C folks that used to park right behind Red Gold but that lost that lot with the construction of the Pumpkin Nights area.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 16, 2019, 05:47:08 PM »
Man, whoever is running the SDC social media pages work really well on getting people hyped for the 2020 project!! They’ve been posting cryptic teasers, now this!

https://mobile.twitter.com/SDCAttractions/status/1151248201606991874

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 16, 2019, 05:52:02 PM »
And we’ve got an announcement date!

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 16, 2019, 08:04:10 PM »
What are the odds the name ends up being what the social media hashtag has been all along? Seems like that would be too obvious.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #334 on: July 16, 2019, 08:51:34 PM »
What are the odds the name ends up being what the social media hashtag has been all along? Seems like that would be too obvious.

Unless something flew under the radar the two likely names with either be Lost Caverns or Mystic River Falls.

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 16, 2019, 08:57:19 PM »

Unless something flew under the radar the two likely names with either be Lost Caverns or Mystic River Falls.

I'm still holding out for Pearl's Float Trip.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #336 on: July 20, 2019, 03:42:39 PM »
Lots of progress out here. I posted some new photos on the FB page. The new rib house looks interesting... The roof is oddly shaped. I'm curious what they are doing with it. It almost looks like there will be some kind of channel on the roof.

Announcement day is the 13th.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 20, 2019, 04:19:40 PM »
Saw them. Looks good. I will probably go up tomorrow and grab some additional video. Looks like a lot has happened since the last one I made.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 20, 2019, 10:15:38 PM »
I periodically check the SDC app even when I'm not there just to look at things like the Ride/Wait times.  It's interesting to see on some days Time Traveler will have a 30 minute wait and River Blast will have a 90 minute wait!  I would have thought the American Plunge would take the brunt of riders since Lost River is gone but their times have usually been half of what River Blast's has been.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 22, 2019, 04:28:30 PM »
As others have mentioned, the new Ribhouse has gone vertical and the massive new water pumps were added. The concrete channels also continue to grow and expand.

You can watch the short progress video that I shot this past Sunday here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4adD54eB260

« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 05:55:52 PM by sdcfan88 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #340 on: July 23, 2019, 07:56:55 AM »
The scale of this thing is intense. The amount of expense they are going through to place all this concrete must be insane. The ride channel is already pretty long, and the middle section of the ride is just beginning to take shape. It's going to be a much bigger ride than Lost River ever was.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 23, 2019, 08:43:49 AM »
I would have loved to see a vekoma junior suspended or family coast of some type  like a junior woodiet interwoven into this to max out this space and theming expenditure. 

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 23, 2019, 08:57:32 AM »
I'm excited about this ride. I hope there are some "cozy" areas in the new rib house like there was in the old one, but I fear it's going to have the same cafeteria feel as Crossroads Pizza. The old rib house was my favorite place to eat in the City. Time marches on!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 23, 2019, 09:30:56 AM »
Have any stairs been spotted inside of the new Rib House? My guess is that the odd roofline is because there will be an upstairs area on the back side that overlooks the ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #344 on: July 23, 2019, 01:34:43 PM »
Have any stairs been spotted inside of the new Rib House? My guess is that the odd roofline is because there will be an upstairs area on the back side that overlooks the ride.

In this day and age of ADA standards? Not a chance
SWOOSH