Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 148502 times)

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2019, 08:30:12 PM »
Photos from today are all posted.  I just did a real quick passthrough on them- a few crops and that's about it.  You can see everything- lots of construction, but also a good number around the park as well- on my photo site at:https://sirwillow.smugmug.com/Amusement-Parks-Roller/Silver-Dollar-City/14-March-2019-Opening-Week/
I'm in the process of rendering the video now, so I'm actually optimisted that I may have it posted and live in about an hour and a half to 2 hours.  Depending on how fast my computer decides to work.  :-)

Great pictures!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2019, 08:36:48 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing! Awesome photos.

So Dockside has survived after all... lots of rumors that they would clear cut this whole area, but perhaps they backed off. Or maybe it will come down later. Too bad the nice little creek is gone. That whole area had a nice ambiance to it, but I'm sure the finished product will be nice too. Glad to see the flume is still partially in place - hopefully it returns.

Going to be a fun season watching this ride go up. Keep sharing those photos everyone.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #197 on: March 14, 2019, 11:48:49 PM »
Yeah we confirmed it (Dockside) was staying (at least for this season) awhile ago. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2019, 06:53:49 AM »
good pics, 

parks looks great of course....

am I seeing wrong?
or is the big super structure they were "saving" last year....gone now?

the dirt work is about I would expect to see for now,  lots of work will start to progress, now with the weather starting warm up..

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2019, 08:15:27 AM »
Great pics!!   Thanks for sharing.

Photos from today are all posted.  I just did a real quick passthrough on them- a few crops and that's about it.  You can see everything- lots of construction, but also a good number around the park as well- on my photo site at:https://sirwillow.smugmug.com/Amusement-Parks-Roller/Silver-Dollar-City/14-March-2019-Opening-Week/
I'm in the process of rendering the video now, so I'm actually optimisted that I may have it posted and live in about an hour and a half to 2 hours.  Depending on how fast my computer decides to work.  :-)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:45 AM »
Video is up. You can see it with lots of the construction site at https://youtu.be/YplIE_SuDAo
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »
Great video,  great pictures.  anxious to see it for myself..

I noticed in all the pics they have gone out of their way NOT to disturb the east half of Lake Silver.  Still be interesting to see what they do with that area..

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2019, 08:32:18 AM »
Video is up. You can see it with lots of the construction site at https://youtu.be/YplIE_SuDAo

Great update!  The stream is very nice, good addition!.  I hate to see the stream-less path down to the "water" I dont think that will return.  Looking forward to more development in the lake silver area. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2019, 11:18:34 AM »
Awesome video. I like that they added that new stream to kind of make up for taking out the path stream. That's a good indication that they are going to make this area look really nice when it's all done.

I really thought they were going to cut more into this area of the park, so all-in-all it's not that much impact for the time being. Good to see Dockside getting some use still, and hope they end up keeping it after all.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2019, 10:39:49 PM »
CONSTRUCTION UPDATE - NEW RIVER
Sunday March 17, 2019

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/03/riverfront-lost-river-sdc.html

SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2019, 04:09:38 PM »
What looks like and is assumed to be "trough" for the new water attraction appears to be awfully narrow for traditional river rapids rafts like that of the old LRO or an Infinity Falls type ride. Is the photo just deceiving, or is there chance the raft system will be something all together new and different?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2019, 04:39:37 PM »
What looks like and is assumed to be "trough" for the new water attraction appears to be awfully narrow for traditional river rapids rafts like that of the old LRO or an Infinity Falls type ride. Is the photo just deceiving, or is there chance the raft system will be something all together new and different?

I was going to ask how many they thought the new ride tubes would sit.  I thought they would go ahead and go up to 8 or 10 but maybe not.  It does look small, maybe its the angle?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2019, 05:29:18 PM »
I wondered the same thing.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #208 on: March 18, 2019, 07:40:56 PM »
^If you click back a couple pages in this thread I made the note with one of the photos that they appear to have saved the old rafts and were apparently using them for testing. This trough above seems to support the theory that they are indeed being reused. I don't think the newer (larger) boats would fit in those.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:45:06 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 18, 2019, 08:53:23 PM »
They are only using the old rafts for testing of the slide pieces.  The slide pieces have been moved back into the woods again.  I have heard nothing about reusing the rafts - with the current direction the park is going I highly doubt they'd reuse them.  Anymore, they'd rather tear down a building and build a brand new one even if the only thing wrong with the building is that it needed a new coat of paint.
SWOOSH