Author Topic: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 147753 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2020 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2019, 08:21:33 PM »
Have any stairs been spotted inside of the new Rib House? My guess is that the odd roofline is because there will be an upstairs area on the back side that overlooks the ride.

Could be accessed by a ramp, instead of stairs.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2019, 08:36:57 PM »
Have any stairs been spotted inside of the new Rib House? My guess is that the odd roofline is because there will be an upstairs area on the back side that overlooks the ride.

Could be accessed by a ramp, instead of stairs.

I’m at the park now.  Nothing leads me to think this will be the case.  In fact I don’t see this “odd roofline” people are talking about.  If anything it’s plain and boring.  Very boxy
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2019, 08:38:58 PM »
The roof is flat for easy access to HVAC equipment just like every other new building they’ve built here recently.  They then build a facade roof around it. 
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2019, 08:59:23 PM »
Looking at the MRF site today, I think the station has finally been formed. 
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2019, 09:59:38 PM »
The roof is flat for easy access to HVAC equipment just like every other new building they’ve built here recently.  They then build a facade roof around it.

That does seem logical. I think that we were seeing it as odd because there is nothing on the end, but they probably just haven't made it that far with framing yet.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 24, 2019, 08:56:36 AM »

That does seem logical. I think that we were seeing it as odd because there is nothing on the end, but they probably just haven't made it that far with framing yet.

The framing IS up already
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 24, 2019, 12:03:32 PM »
NEW PHOTOS

I know that two others have already posted some new construction photos, but I thought you might enjoy some different angles and captions to help you get a better idea of what and WHERE you are looking at.  What's crazy is how much changed from the other's photos and Tuesday.

https://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/07/mystic-river-falls-sdc.html

Click if for no other reason than to see the cool new bridge trough that they built
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:08:28 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #352 on: July 24, 2019, 04:26:05 PM »
Great angles Swoosh. Pretty wild how fast they are working now. The roof of the ribhouse looks different now with the facade framework up around it. Makes sense to have a flat spot for HVAC, it just looked odd this weekend when you looked at it from the side.

The painted channel looks good. There's so much stone stacked up in the maintenance area that you can see while riding Outlaw Run. I wonder where they got it all.

This is all getting very interesting now. I'm excited to see if there's going to be a major indoor section with scenes and such. Looks like it will turn left out of the station, go across that bridge, through the channel that's been built, and then back under the bridge... and presumably this is where it would go through some kind of lift for a splashdown. There's a lot of currently empty ground between the built channels and the large concrete structures...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 25, 2019, 12:24:58 PM »
those are some great pics you all have been taking... I need to get back out there and see it for myself...  LOTS of progress!!..  Good to see...  Lots to go..

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 05, 2019, 02:05:31 PM »
Spent the afternoon at the park on Saturday and noticed they are landscaping (large rocks, possibly a waterfall) around the upper rim of what will be the new boundary of the condensed Lake Silver. It's not too far from the new ride's station and is also very visible from the train. I have a photo, but haven't had any luck trying to attach it. Oh well.

There also appears to be a vendor stand/small shop going up on/just off of the new dining patio, to the right of the Ribhouse. Guess it could be for dry lockers, as well, but I'm not exactly sure where the queue will start, either.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:09:28 PM by woodgrain »

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 08, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »
So are we anticipating a full reveal next Tuesday, or simply another strategic marketing tease of the 2020 attraction?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 08, 2019, 03:19:52 PM »
So are we anticipating a full reveal next Tuesday, or simply another strategic marketing tease of the 2020 attraction?

Since they have it scheduled to do a live video on Facebook, I'm expecting a mostly full reveal. There could always be a few details that they hold back, but I would guess that the majority of info will be released.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 08, 2019, 08:28:20 PM »

It’s a full media event.  Wish I could go, but my real job is preventing that
SWOOSH

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 08, 2019, 09:49:12 PM »
Hoped and assumed so, but wasn't entirely sure. What is the confidence level that the ride will be touted as some sort or record breaker, be it longest rapids ride, steepest and/or largest drop on a rapids ride, etc.? Do we have any credible intel to suggest this will in fact be something very similar to Infinity Falls, or is there reason to believe it may introduce another "first" for an attraction of it's kind? I know it's tough given there hasn't been too much change since the latest visits, and it is a water attraction versus a coaster, but I anticipated more dialogue and speculation this close to the announcement.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 08, 2019, 10:46:37 PM »
Hoped and assumed so, but wasn't entirely sure. What is the confidence level that the ride will be touted as some sort or record breaker, be it longest rapids ride, steepest and/or largest drop on a rapids ride, etc.? Do we have any credible intel to suggest this will in fact be something very similar to Infinity Falls, or is there reason to believe it may introduce another "first" for an attraction of it's kind? I know it's tough given there hasn't been too much change since the latest visits, and it is a water attraction versus a coaster, but I anticipated more dialogue and speculation this close to the announcement.

I think we’ll just be quiet and not ruin the surprise this time if you don’t mind. 

You’re going to love it and the whole backstory
SWOOSH