Author Topic: Eclipse.........  (Read 6310 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Eclipse.........
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »
sdcfan88.......   NICE!!!!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
Yeah I went to Nashville, TN and got lots of photos and video.

Also making my first ever visit to Dollywood on Wednesday. (this was way overdue lol)

Those are incredible photos!!  Nicely done.

and yes, you're way overdue to visit Dollywood.  lol  If you're interested my videos from my trip a couple of weeks back will (finally!) be up today.  I'll certainly be interested to hear your thoughts about the park afterwards.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 12:11:26 PM by sirwillow »
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 09:52:24 AM »
I am a little late to the party here but we went up to the City Saturday, which was not very busy at all.  We stayed until close and watched the Echo Hollow show.  Stayed in Branson.  Went back to the City Sunday and stayed until about 2, then left to head to Osage Beach, which is the closest room I could get to Jefferson City.  Left Osage Beach and arrived at Jefferson City at about 9:30am.  We decided to go to the capital and see what was up and ended up with a pretty good parking spot only about a block or so away.  Stood in line for the Nasa  trailer which was not worth the wait btw.  Eclipse started right about the time we were going into that.  We found us a spot in the grass right in front of the capital to watch it.  It was amazing.  There were a lot of people down there but not nearly as many as I figured there would be.  They were even giving out eclipse glasses for free.  So after the eclipse we toured the capital building then left a little before 2pm.  Getting on the high I discovered there were a lot more people than I thought.  They all must have been across the river at the park.  It was complete stop and go all the way back down to I44, and was stop and go for a good 30 miles back west on 44.  What should have been a 4 hour drive back home took 8.  When traffic cleared a little you would get to a point where you would end up having to pass somebody on the right.  Without fail it was ALWAYS somebody with Texas plates driving the left lane and would simply NOT move to the right.  They would create rolling road blocks for miles, till people could get around them on the right, until you ran into the next rolling road block.  This continued all the way home.  Traffic would have been much better if people from Texas knew how to drive.  Sorry if I offend anybody from Texas.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2017, 12:38:29 AM »
Thanks all! As for my Dollywood Trip Report I will get a detailed one up sometime soon hopefully.