Author Topic: Branson Belle---Poor Service  (Read 2037 times)

RJW

• View Profile
Branson Belle---Poor Service
« on: July 22, 2017, 02:10:44 AM »
For the first time ever we had a server (Terry) on the Bell on Tuesday night that was terrible. Not sure what his problem was, but he seemed to think we were on some kind of liquid starvation program. Filled our glasses one time, and did not check back. At least not until the very last time before the show. I think the server for the rows in front of us had said something because now that it was too late, he asked three times while he was there... Didn't leave a carafe of tea like he did every other table or group, or like all the other servers did. After he first filled our glasses he was gone, thought Christopher had a new act making our server disappear! He came back when it was time for the food. By then I had asked the server taking care of the rows in front of us to refill our glasses. There is no excuse for this kind of service. It has always been top notch on the Showboat Branson Belle.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Belle---Poor Service
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 05:11:25 PM »
THats a shame.. 
we always get great service when we go and see Christopher and Casandre.. 
The only time we received bad service was this year when we went to the new Country on the LAke show.. Bad service poor show.. very disappointing... 
But will be back to to see Casandre, that is a great show and she always does a good job..

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 08:20:53 AM »
Been on the showboat several times over the years and never had bad service. Sorry to hear of this.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 07:34:04 PM »
Several years back I was talking to the Belle as they needed a manager at the time and I was doing Country Clubs.  I spoke with the head of the boat and we took a cruise to see how it works. ( Its quite the scramble in a small work space).  This was during a busier time and I was told you put half the staff on for the day and then when you get there in the morning and find out how many tickets they sold you call in / call off, as needed.  Was this cruise busy? I can see that type of scheduling could land you short probably more often than you want to admit.  But the service is simple, and they look forward to the tips so you would think they would "try".
Not sure if you know this but at the time there was 1 guy thats' sole job was to ride the elevator in the back kitchen (Its because the kitchen and work areas take up a few stories of the very back of the boat) and punch the buttons.  I found that interesting.  He was just there to keep it sane.