General Category > Random Talk

Your Travels outside of Branson for 2018 and beeeeeeyonddddd......

(1/22) > >>

chittlins:
Let's here them. Where are you going and what are going to do?

My last reservation was made for our Summer Odyssey last night

7 days in DC to start things off. My Brother and his family will do the days in DC with us. We got a Congressional tour booked and our White House tour requests in. Our Mt. Vernon Cruise booked and so on.

After DC, they head home and we drive to Lewes, stopping at Six Flags America for a quick coaster credit visit (free with out Gold Passes)taking in Annapolis along the way, visit Dogfish Head Brewery and take the ferry across to Wildwood where we'll spend two nights at the Starlux  at Morey's Pier. After a night and full day at Wildwood, we take the earliest Ferry to cross back over and head to Norfolk/Virginia Beach, we may stop along the way at Ocean City or Assateague National Seashore for a cursory glance and not doing them justice as we head for Nauticus in Norfork and a cruise of the Naval Yard for that afternoon. That evening will be spent at Virginia Beach.

We get up the next morning and head to Newport News after I visit the Waterfowling museum along the boardwalk in VB. We'll hit up Mariner's Museum and visit the remains of the USS Monitor. We'll eat lunch and then head to Yorktown for the Battlefield and the Museum for the remained of the afternoon. We'll end it by getting to our accommodations in Williamsburg for the next 4 nights. One day will be spent at Busch Gardens, another at Colonial Williamsburg in the Morning with a Water Country USA visit in the afternoon before returning to Colonial Williamsburg to see it in the evening for supper. One day I'll be fleshing out all there is at Jamestowne.

After Williamsburg we head out for Richmond early. There, we'll stop at the White House of the Confederacy and Museum and then Tredegar Iron Works. Once do with those and some lunch we'll head to Appomattox Courthouse and visit the surrender site and museum there. We'll end the day at Lynchburg VA. Next morning g we head to Monticello and spend 3 hours, I'm thinking I might splurge for the private tour to maximize our time. We'll then head to Gettysburg with a quick stop at Harpers Ferry and finish the afternoon and late afternoon there. Then we'll head to Hershey and the kids an I will hit the Preview Night at Hershey Park before spending the next day there. The wifewill take in some Spa stuff and/or visit some Amish Country stuff while the Kids and I play the day away. The next morning we're off to Valley Forge and then Philly for three days and 2 nights where we'll spend a late aternoon at Six flags Great America and I get to compare El Toro with Outlaw Run. 8). The last day of the trip will be spent in Baltimore with a stop at Harve de Grace Decoy Museum before a late flight back to Memphis.

Whew, about two1/2 weeks, ambitious for sure but in a way I'm building upon last year's trip and testing out our limits to get feel for how long I can plan for Europe in 2018 or 2019. I get a feeling I'll wear out our companion passes for Southwest in 2018 doing lots of three and four day getaways.

Gilligan:
Our trip is over!  Spent 9 days in Maui snorkeling and scuba diving (son).  We went up to Haleakala Crater before sunrise for the view, snorkeled Molokini with Maui Snorkel Charters, took a helicopter tour of W. Maui and Molokai, attended a luau on the beach, drove through the lava fields...spent the rest of the time at the beach, snorkeling various locations, pool time, beach time, watching whales, etc.  It was beyond awesome!

HumphreyHawk:
This will be a off year for SDC for our family.  Saving up our vacation dollars for a different trip.  We talked about doing the Disney thing (again) but they kids wanted a different adventure (as did I).

I just booked a cruise for the family for October.  Got a great deal on a family suite.  Sailing out of Galveston and touring the western Caribbean for 7 days.  Wife and I took non-kids getaway cruise last year and thought they would love it.  Thinking about taking a day for Six Flags Dallas on the drive down and/or the Galveston pier.

Also planning a get away with the wife this summer.  Probably NYC to catch a broadway show she wants to see.  I've go a airline voucher and miles that will probably make that trip pretty affordable.

Plus I still have some work trips in pending for this year.  I'll probably be going to FL (just north of Tampa/Busch Gardens), Allentown (dorney and maybe SFGA), South Carolina (Carawinds) this year.  Hoping and praying I can carve out a 1/2 day during one of these visit to get some coasters in.  I literally drive by Dorney and Busch Gardens multiple times last year without having any time to go.

Gilligan:
All of the above trips sound great!  Hubs and I are hoping to visit our son in D.C. a couple times this year, also. He wants to drive to tour Civil War battlefields; while, I don't mind that all, I'd rather fly to get there quicker!

DianaGail:
Tony and I will bruising out of mobile on November 4th.  We will see ruins in Merida and have a beach day in Cozumel.  Other than that, sdc, white water, and Wisconsin like always!  Late 2018 or early 2019 will see us visiting Costa Rica so we are saving for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version