Author Topic: 2017 Trip Reports  (Read 3204 times)

Okiebenz

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Trip Reports
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2017, 03:18:26 PM »

So what is Mercy day?  I had thought about coming up this coming weekend but maybe not.  How do you think Friday or Sunday will be?

Mercy Day is when Mercy hospital employees and their families come out in force.  They get big discounts on the tickets and have a couple of special events just for them.  It is one of the biggest attendance crowds of the year from the sheer number of their employees that come out.

Cox when they occasionally have events like that can be just as crowded.

Ok got ya.  I am thinking I was there on Mercy day last year.  I do remember there being a hospital group of some sort and they had the BBQ place down by the river blocked off just for them.

biscuitcreek

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »
As I mentioned in another thread today PK broke down for about 20 mins while I was on it. Sensor/Restraint issues again apparently. Also something neat I learned today is that any Cinnamon bread that is not sold an hour before closing is marked down 75 percent. I got mine for a whole $1.88. LOL  ;D

Excellent news to know for future reference -- wish I had known it when I was there this Tuesday!

biscuitcreek

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2017, 05:39:57 PM »
FWIW -- while we were at the park Tuesday we saw Brad Thomas and 4 guys in suits plus some other folks walking through the park together. Didn't recognize any of the men in suits. Most of the times I saw Joel Manby walking around SDC, he wasn't wearing a suit.

Sungod

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2017, 08:59:50 PM »
Got down there on Sunday. TnT running rougher than I've ever experienced, especially through the tunnel.

sdcfan88

• Jr. Citizen
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2017, 09:16:15 PM »
^I have actually kinda noticed that on my last visit. And oddly enough it feels like its running faster too.

Duelist

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2017, 05:00:51 PM »
We were at the City on May 13th and 14th.  It was crowded on Saturday but not the nightmare scenario I pictured for Mercy Health Day.  They did have extended park hours from 7pm to 11pm for the Mercy guests so maybe some of them were waiting for later in the day to visit.  Water ride lines got long later in the day but most of the coasters were short lines (we walked right on to Outlaw Run).  Powder Keg was down most of the day according to the ride wait times on the app.  Fire in the Hole seemed to have the longest lines- around 30 minutes.  Also, because of the picture-taking fiasco the Train had very long lines.  We avoided it on Saturday and rode the 1st train Sunday before the photographers got there  8).  We saw Carson Peters and Iron Mountain perform on Saturday, then watched that show again and the Petersons on Sunday.  Both were very entertaining!  Talked to Ms. Sharon at the school house and she's leaving to take another job next month.  Did not take any pictures of construction but that thing really looks like it's barn-shaped to me- which might make it in line with the Buffalo Bill concept?  As has been stated before the Flooded Mine looked great.  The animated talking head in the queue line was new and they did a really good job on it but like with the older simulation I wish they'd turn the volume up a little more.  It's hard to hear what he's saying.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2017, 07:10:26 PM »
  The animated talking head in the queue line was new and they did a really good job on it but like with the older simulation I wish they'd turn the volume up a little more.  It's hard to hear what he's saying.

I will have to check that next weekend,  sounds like you had a good visit... see you next time..

sirwillow

• McCoy
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2017, 01:18:36 PM »
Talked to Ms. Sharon at the school house and she's leaving to take another job next month. 

Sharon's leaving as well?  I wondered since her husband retired how long she'd be there. Sad in many ways how many are leaving the park through retirement, other jobs, etc.  A lot of the people I'm used to being there aren't there anymore.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.