Author Topic: Bigfoot is Growing  (Read 11364 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Bigfoot is Growing
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 09:16:20 PM »
The more this place grows the more I just don't get it. 
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 06:53:00 AM »
The more this place grows the more I just don't get it.

Its just another complex like The Tracks are. Right ?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2017, 08:44:48 AM »
I still want to know what the concrete bunker is on the west side of project, next to fence.. they built up to it, on top of it, fabricated those huge boulders on the north edge..  but????  What is it?

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2017, 10:33:57 AM »
Go watch this video - it explains a lot.
https://www.facebook.com/BigfootTalk/videos/vb.1051372034934230/1468098959928200/?type=2&theater

The bunker I believe is a tunnel that takes you from the woodland part of the mini golf, to the tundra part of the mini golf? There is a maze that has target points making it more of a game, the food truck court area (which there are just three trucks?), the drop on the tower, the sling shot part of the tower, etc.

In this video they are saying they will be open the first part of May.......so it should be open soon.

Jay

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 12:35:54 PM »
I viewed the video and it does look interesting. The part that disappointed me was the food truck court. I was hoping that it would be a open court for any trucks to park. Sounds like you are only going to get their food trucks. Hopefully other trucks around Branson will find a good location. But, all in all it is just a upgraded Track complex with newer type attractions.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »
I viewed the video and it does look interesting. The part that disappointed me was the food truck court. I was hoping that it would be a open court for any trucks to park. Sounds like you are only going to get their food trucks. Hopefully other trucks around Branson will find a good location. But, all in all it is just a upgraded Track complex with newer type attractions.

Agreed...  they are going to use their own food trucks, with 10 mil invested, they want all the money income they can get, you let someone else in with trucks, you are losing that money..

I saw on FB, I think Friday was the grand opening day for the shot tower and Arcade... not sure if everything else is open yet or now

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2017, 07:38:01 PM »
When we drove by Wednesday the arcade was open, and we saw construction workers working on several other areas. Looked like there was still a lot to get done. Don't know if the rain kept them from finishing everything up for the Friday grand opening.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2017, 06:29:10 PM »
Here are pics on my FB page of the Final Project,,

Swoosh of you or Shave want to use pics for update, Do so.... :D

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10211852526740095.1073741947.1578260143&type=3&uploaded=29
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 06:30:55 PM by sanddunerider »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2017, 09:58:34 PM »
When we drove by yesterday it looked like they were open.  Lights on, people there, and watched the tower drop ride start to go up, but as it was in the mirror I couldn't tell if there were people on it or not.  If they're not officially open, then it at least looked like they were doing previews.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2017, 05:31:01 AM »
When we drove by yesterday it looked like they were open.  Lights on, people there, and watched the tower drop ride start to go up, but as it was in the mirror I couldn't tell if there were people on it or not.  If they're not officially open, then it at least looked like they were doing previews.

Oh no! they have been open for at least month.. lots of foot traffic there this weekend..  Drop tower is supposed to be first class..

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2017, 09:47:53 AM »
Opened on April 28, I think they said. I was there on May 4. Everything is open and working. I went back and forth from the ferris wheel to bigfoot because I wanted to see all 3 shows at both places. Yes, bigfoot does a light show throughout the park just like the ferris wheel, except bigfoot always plays the same song for every show. Arcade with many games, prize counter, indoor tilt coaster, mini golf, timeshare or some kind of travel agency, giant 2 level maze, inflatable cliff dive, food trucks, and music throughout the park were all open and working. The only thing that was not ready was the Bigfoot observatory through a glass window under the building inside the arcade (sand, bones, and other stuff like a dig site or something else) and the trucks that take you on a 1-2 hour tour to their private farm that only they can take you to.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 09:56:22 AM by Dewayne »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2017, 10:45:41 AM »
Opened on April 28, I think they said. I was there on May 4. Everything is open and working. I went back and forth from the ferris wheel to bigfoot because I wanted to see all 3 shows at both places. Yes, bigfoot does a light show throughout the park just like the ferris wheel, except bigfoot always plays the same song for every show. Arcade with many games, prize counter, indoor tilt coaster, mini golf, timeshare or some kind of travel agency, giant 2 level maze, inflatable cliff dive, food trucks, and music throughout the park were all open and working. The only thing that was not ready was the Bigfoot observatory through a glass window under the building inside the arcade (sand, bones, and other stuff like a dig site or something else) and the trucks that take you on a 1-2 hour tour to their private farm that only they can take you to.

all open now, and they have added new programming to the LED light shows at night.. (designed and built by Michael Haygood)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2017, 10:52:46 AM »
Good to know. Somewhere in there I had missed that they were open and thought they were still finishing things up.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2017, 12:29:18 PM »
Good to know. Somewhere in there I had missed that they were open and thought they were still finishing things up.

They are open, have all of the stuff going strong.. The drop tower is supposed to be very nice, . The only thinkg not finished is the rear entrance to parking lot, which will be nice so you dont have to access 76.. ;D.  But for now 76 is the entrance..  check them out!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »

They are open, have all of the stuff going strong.. The drop tower is supposed to be very nice, . The only thinkg not finished is the rear entrance to parking lot, which will be nice so you dont have to access 76.. ;D.  But for now 76 is the entrance..  check them out!

Waiting till a non peak weekend (after Labor day) and time it with the reopening  of Wonders of Wildlife. We did Fritz's Adventure earlier this year, What's crowd there looking like?