Author Topic: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 65853 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2018 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1305 on: Today at 08:16:50 AM »

Still sounds like the insect and frogs will be moving this off season to HDH.

The relocation of those kiddie rides to Half Dollar Holler is a smart move. It needs a bit more to "hold" people.

It will make a centrally located area for a Mom to keep the little ones while older ones and Dad hit the big stuff.

Wonder what type of ride SDC could put down in that area if it is available.

I think the PTB would be smart moving 2 or 3 popular kiddie rides to HDH.. I dont think it has the "draw" they were expecting too...  And if they could get add some popular rides that would split the kids up between 3 areas...
[/quote]

Personally I think they should add bull themed bumper cars and call it Stockyard Rampage and a wagon wheel  themed ferris wheel  round out the Outlaw Run area.

Not sexy but adds some minor attractions and fills out the area.
[/quote]

Flight of Fantasy and Happy Frogs should move to HDH.  Flight would go back under swinging bridge.  Frogs would go where the amphitheater is currently.  Beetles could go up to Wilson's Farm and can be placed across from High Low Silo. 

Regarding the two ride suggestions - the Ferris wheel gets a "no" from me.  It's too cartoony to fit in at SDC.  I think the bumper cars could work, but instead of bison they need to be cattle.  The building could go in the Outlaw Run area.  There's probably room where the drink stand is located as the train track starts curving away before that.
[/quote]

The original  concept art had the minI wave swing in Wilson's Farm about where the frog race thingy is.
I'D settle for  one  out of two on the cars and wheel. But i'D like to see two kiddie version and regular version under the same roof with queues at different ends.

Lets Get Thomas on the phone pronto.

I still think SDC needs a token ferris wheel somewhere.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: Today at 12:21:09 PM »
I still think SDC needs a token ferris wheel somewhere.

If they add one it will need to be in the Grand Expo.  I guess it could go where the kiddie insect rides were located.  I would like it stay true to the "theme" though and not be a modern or Eli Bridge style. 
SWOOSH

HumphreyHawk

• Citizen
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: Today at 01:39:33 PM »
Just a few short years ago that frog ride was the main attraction of the park for my little ones.  Don't underestimate those kiddie rides and there drawing power.

HDH seems like a good place for those rides...it's central...close to the exits/train...and I'm sure HDH doesn't mind having more kids hang out around the Build a Bear place to tempt some additional sales.

That dead end area is always packed but does feel very out of the way to get to those rides.  The opened space in GE could be good place for a restaurant?  or new flat? 
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: Today at 03:07:08 PM »
Just a few short years ago that frog ride was the main attraction of the park for my little ones.  Don't underestimate those kiddie rides and there drawing power.

HDH seems like a good place for those rides...it's central...close to the exits/train...and I'm sure HDH doesn't mind having more kids hang out around the Build a Bear place to tempt some additional sales.

That dead end area is always packed but does feel very out of the way to get to those rides.  The opened space in GE could be good place for a restaurant?  or new flat?

New flat, how bout a Zamperla air race to add to the Disco for another teens to adult ride. However, I'D love a family boomerang down there. Gerstlauer, Vekoma, doesn't matter.