Author Topic: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 39299 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2024 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2024, 10:23:37 AM »
^ I would guess the chances are very good.  I agree that showing every thing would undermine their Grand Opening. 
I'm Your Huckleberry

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2024, 10:26:34 PM »
Isn’t the Grand Opening just a party to which the media is invited?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2024, 09:00:07 PM »
Isn’t the Grand Opening just a party to which the media is invited?

Media day is the 27th.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2024, 09:08:30 PM »
What are the chances that several aspects/effects simply aren't being revealed prior to the official opening? It seems like several who have been fortunate enough to grab an early ride have generally applauded the overall job with theming, but come away somewhat underwhelmed with the overall ride experience relative to SDC's largest ride investment to date.

The biggest thing I’ve seen is that the ride is so much more smooth and better profiled that there isn’t the rough pop on the dip or drops. The only other disappointments I’ve seen with the ride experience is from people who thought it was going to be way different than the original.

Respectfully, what's the real point of a delayed official grand opening if they've already opened the ride and revealed it in full weeks before?

The soft opening allows them to open and close it without the press of the new Grand Opened ride being down for days after it opened. The soft opening gave them the leeway to open and close if issues popped up once it was under actual operation conditions. From the sounds of it, it has actually been performing great with not too much extended down time. And marketing. Having the Grand Opening after the spring break rush could help with crowds before it picks up again once schools are out.

orangesandpeaches

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 29, 2024, 08:45:03 AM »
Wildfire’s “wildfire” applicators over the trains are operational again.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 29, 2024, 04:22:09 PM »
Wildfire’s “wildfire” applicators over the trains are operational again.

Good to hear.  Without it, the ride is not as good.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2024, 04:52:45 PM »
Pretty sure I heard on a ride review of FITH 2.0 that the water tower in the last scene is supposed to "fall" or at least create the illusion of falling, but every POV video I've seen since the first one was posted doesn't give me the impression of that at all. Can anyone confirm or dispel that? On a separate, but related note, the fiber-optic chasing fuse leading to "blowing up" the water tower seems like a super cool and well-executed detail. 

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2024, 05:58:59 PM »
Pretty sure I heard on a ride review of FITH 2.0 that the water tower in the last scene is supposed to "fall" or at least create the illusion of falling, but every POV video I've seen since the first one was posted doesn't give me the impression of that at all. Can anyone confirm or dispel that? On a separate, but related note, the fiber-optic chasing fuse leading to "blowing up" the water tower seems like a super cool and well-executed detail.

That scene happens so quickly that it needs the action of the tower falling to tie everything together.

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2024, 10:35:43 PM »

I've ridden 8 times so far and haven't seen it move. I believe that there were early rumors that it would move, but I don't believe that the movement made it into the final ride.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2024, 05:19:48 PM »
Overall they did good with the new FITH after riding it three times, I liked it. The layout and visuals nicely respected the original blending the old effects with the new. Even down to doing the old fire effects using the orange lighting across a rippling curtain instead of doing digital projections everywhere that I expected would be present. If there is some critiques to be made I honestly wished they could have kept the original voice lines, I hate to say it but some of the VO audio feels dialed in and lacks the emotional depth of the originals. I saw a few others commenting on this too on Facebook and YouTube as their first impressions.

And granted this is the inaugural season and I expect things will get revised later on, I hope they redo Red Flanders hanging in the window scene to be more like the original with his legs moving on the ladder. Right now it looks like his legs have rigormortis just sitting balanced atop the ladder. lol And this might just be nostalgic nitpicking but I was really missing the "Here's a barrel of laughs! HAHAHA!" The new one with the bugs just doesn't do it for me. At least the old one moved and tipped over to add to that fear factor thinking you are about to get dumped on but I am gonna assume it may get revised later on too.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2024, 02:26:23 PM by sdcfan88 »